Windows 10: Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo

Discus and support Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I had a few BSOD issues when on my previous motherboard related to the game bar and the GameInputRedistributable crashing my desktop, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tjmccord, Jan 22, 2021.

1. tjmccord Win User

Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo

Hello all,

I had a few BSOD issues when on my previous motherboard related to the game bar and the GameInputRedistributable crashing my desktop, and decided to start with a fresh install when moving to a new X570 mother board from my previous X470 build. All other components, drives, etc., remained.

Since I went to the fresh install and installed fresh all drivers, I have had random but persistent BSOD's. Typical experience is to have them once every 12 hours or so, but I did have a stretch of 36-48 hours without. The last few days, however, it has been nigh 6+ times per 24 hour period.

It's been a random assortment of stop codes and error codes that all lacked any detail regarding a specific misbehaving driver, but all documentation I could find when inputting each into a search has stated "driver issue" indiscriminately. I did a safe mode DDU cleaning and reinstalling of graphics drivers, audio drivers, and various other attempts to clear any conflicts, including resetting this fresh install once and attempting to go at it again.

Memory tests seem fine, I have reseated my RAM, my GPU, and even my bloody heatsink. I have tried one stick of RAM, 2, etc., and always end with the same issue persisting.

I found the documentation on driver verifier, and got myself into a BSOD boot loop wherein driver verifier was crashing windows before the environment could load - unfortunately the bloody stop code never gave up a culprit on the screens.

Since the dump files are not readable by text editor, I pulled the last three dump files and system info, and zipped it up to put into myOneDrive here.

If anyone with fresh eyes could give me any sort of feedback on what they see within the files, I would be massively appreciative. I'm ready to start ripping out hardware and downgrading, but the driver verifier boot loop makes me suspicious of AMD's chipset drivers or the new Nvidia drivers I have installed.

Thanks all!

:)

tjmccord, Jan 22, 2021

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Jan 22, 2021
  4. Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo

Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo

1. Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo - Similar Threads - Persistent Intermittent BSOD's

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  4. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  6. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  7. Blue screen error, intermittent but persistent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error, intermittent but persistent.: Hello, Powered up my system this morning to what looked liked a frozen BIOS splash screen. After a minute or so I got the dreaded Blue screen followed by the system powering down on its own. I didn't catch the QR code in time, but since I know a little about Event Logs, I...
  8. Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR: My system is a Lenovo P51s purchased around 2017. It has a hard drive ribbon connector on its motherboard, which is taken by a 512GB Crucial SSD via SATA. As you may know, this connection on this model is widely thought to be unreliable, and my system crashes unpredictably...
  9. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  10. Intermittent BSOD - happened in Win 7 and persists in Win 10

Intermittent BSOD - happened in Win 7 and persists in Win 10: Usually early on in day's use. Will happen 2 or 3 days in a row and then not for 10 days or so. Get Machine Check Exception popup zip file with info attached. TIA, Lew 44364