Windows 10: Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10

Discus and support Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth has disappeared from my system again. I've performed a number of rescue attempts (described below) to no avail, and searched through other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryanMyrick, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10

Bluetooth has disappeared from my system again. I've performed a number of rescue attempts (described below) to no avail, and searched through other posts to these forums to find a different solution. In the past when this happens, it usually occurs when updates are being pushed to Win10 or Office, and the ultimate solution is the trusted bail-out of doing a Windows reset which costs time and because time is money.

(Side note: There are a lot of questions in the forums about this exact issue. All seem to lead to the same kind of "make sure your drivers are up-to-date" support response from support techs, and all seem to also now be locked.)

I am running Windows 10 build 1803 on a Dell XPS 15 laptop.

1. This is not a case where Bluetooth has been turned off. It is a case where Bluetooth suddenly doesn't exist, despite an adapter being present.
    2. In Device Manager, viewed hidden devices, uninstalled the Qualcomm adapter. Downloaded most recent driver from Dell support and reinstalled drivers... twice. Still, Windows doesn't recognize Bluetooth.
    3. Scanned for hardware changes. No change.
    4. In Services, started, then restarted all Bluetooth services. No change.
    5. Ran Bluetooth troubleshooter in Windows 10 which reports that my device does not have Bluetooth. But it does have Bluetooth; Windows is somehow unable to find it.
    6. On a lark, I had my security software run a full system scan to identify possible malware issues. Nothing popped up.
    7. I also manually requested a check for updates on the Windows Update screen. Nothing.
    8. The Dell system hardware check also turned up no negative indications.

This seems to happen every few months and the only resolution has been to succumb to starting over with a fresh Windows 10 install which costs time and money. It's clearly not an isolated issue.

:)

BryanMyrick, Oct 10, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 10, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10

Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Hi,

It seems that the issue occurs after the Windows Update, we suggest that you download and run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter

If the issue persists, you can follow these steps to reinstall the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Look for the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.
    • Right click, then select Uninstall.
    • Click

Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10 4a7ee5b0-f801-4739-92e1-a4bb63816106.png
      to scan for hardware changes.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10

1. Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Persistent issues Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth not working / Bluetooth icon disappearing / MediaTek Bluetooth adapter<Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not working / Bluetooth icon disappearing / MediaTek Bluetooth adapter<Windows...: I cannot use Bluetooth on my pc, i tried to update the driver but nothing happened. As in mentioned in the subject my MediaTek Bluetooth driver isn't working and my Bluetooth user support service shows "incorrect parameter". I am usingHP 15 Notebook PC 64-bit Win 10...
  3. Bluetooth not working / Bluetooth icon disappearing / MediaTek Bluetooth adapter<Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not working / Bluetooth icon disappearing / MediaTek Bluetooth adapter<Windows...: I cannot use Bluetooth on my pc, i tried to update the driver but nothing happened. As in mentioned in the subject my MediaTek Bluetooth driver isn't working and my Bluetooth user support service shows "incorrect parameter". I am usingHP 15 Notebook PC 64-bit Win 10...
  4. Bluetooth not working / Bluetooth icon disappearing / MediaTek Bluetooth adapter<Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10 laptop

Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10 laptop: I downloaded and installed Bluetooth driver from manufacturer, however Bluetooth is still not available in Device manager, or in Bluetooth & Other devices....
  6. The bluetooth adapter has disappeared from the device manager

The bluetooth adapter has disappeared from the device manager: I have quite the strange problem here. There is no option to enable Bluetooth in settings. I checked the device manager, and found that there aren't any working Bluetooth devices in the PC. This has appeared a few hours ago. I have tried restarting, updating drivers for all...
  7. Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10

Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10: Using Windows 10 with all updates. Yesterday I had Bluetooth, today I don't. The icon disappeared and it is gone from Device Manager listing. On Settings for Devices, the Bluetooth on/off button has disappeared....
  8. Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10

Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10: The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page. I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and...
  9. Bluetooth adapter issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth adapter issue: My Bluetooth adapter says “driver error” but it says my drivers are up to date. It also says device cannot start (code 10) submitted by /u/kevinh117 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g701ft/bluetooth_adapter_issue/
  10. Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10

Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10: I was working on a Word document, using my Bluetooth mouse with my laptop when suddenly, the mouse stopped working. I changed the batteries and tried to reconnect, but my Dell laptop says Bluetooth is turned off. There is no on/off button in the Control Center, nor any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluetooth keeps disappearing

2. bluetooth keeps diappearing from laptop

3. windows 10 bluetooth drivers keep disappearing