Windows 10: Persistent issues with BSODS

Discus and support Persistent issues with BSODS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by missdelarocha, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Persistent issues with BSODS

I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated my issues pretty poorly and just replaced the RAM when I reported the BSODS to him. So I’m just trying to solve things on my own. I have had at least 46 BSODS since then and taken a photo of my screen of all that I could catch.

I have run SFC and DISM checks. I have reset my PC multiple times. I have had the RAM replaced, I have checked that the hardware components are correctly seated. I have ensured all drivers are fully up to date.

I am now testing a different GPU and still received a BSOD. My AMD drivers are still installed so I hope this particular BSOD is not about that, because I’ve been very careful with my drivers before this.

Here is the link to the latest minidump and my system file info together:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oGsRhUHKi-z9JgmYqKVeT8UfnQMRBowP

I would GREATLY appreciate some insight. WhoCrashed is giving me non-specific information, pointing to ntoskrnl.exe and win32kbase.sys. At this point I'm a little lost.

Thank you

:)

missdelarocha, Aug 7, 2019

2. Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 7, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

Persistent issues with BSODS

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Persistent issues with BSODS [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Persistent issues with BSODS

1. Persistent issues with BSODS - Similar Threads - Persistent issues BSODS

2. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480: Hi Microsoft Team,I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out regarding a frustrating issue I've been experiencing with my Dell Latitude 7480 laptop. Despite trying numerous troubleshooting steps, including a full system restore, I'm still encountering frequent Blue Screen of...
  3. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  4. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  5. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  6. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  7. Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

Persistent BSOD Issues during video games: Hi everyone, Hope I can get any help on this issue I've been facing. Consistently getting the BSOD error of either 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR' or sometimes 'DPS WATCHDOG VIOLATION' when I am playing any sort of video game. The more intensive the video game the...
  8. Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues: Hello, I've been having around 1-2 BSODs per week from the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error on a PC I've built and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've gone through with many troubleshooting tips and haven't seen to crack exactly what the issue is. I believe it's related to my...
  9. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: First my apologies for not providing a log file with my post. I'm unable to run the tool that is provided in the Posting Instructions thread on the affected machine, because I can't get it to boot regularly, into safe mode or even into the recovery partition of the hard...
  10. Persistent BSOD issues

Persistent BSOD issues: Over the past year, I've had recurring issues with BSOD on my laptop, which have proven beyond my abilities to deal with. I've even tried resetting my computer to no effect. Recently (starting from about mid-December, don't have a restore point predating that time) they've...