Windows 10: Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop

Discus and support Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop Friends, I am receiving persistent "Not Responding" error messages on all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lawrence Wilsn, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop

Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop

Friends, I am receiving persistent "Not Responding" error messages on all software on my one-year old HP laptop - Chrome & MS Office related SW all software is up-to-date with all patches installed.

I delete Chrome History 1-2 times per day, use Task Manager to "End Task" on Chrome and desktop software apps and run McAfee AV checks - with no lasting success. I suspect there is are much deeper causes for these "Not Responding" messages.

Today I looked at Task Manager - "Performance" details: CPU 14%+, Memory 68%+ and C&D Disks at 100%. Not sure how to resolve any or all of these issues except for "Ending Tasks" on Task Manager.

With your help I would like to identify and mitigate the root causes.

Thank you for your help, Lawrence

:)

Lawrence Wilsn, Aug 13, 2020

2. Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win 10 Laptop

Sourav,

Greetings. After two (2) days of tense use I am now receiving intermittent "Not Responding" messages for MS Word and Excel as well as Chrome browser.

Your initial suggestions to download any OS and MS Office uploads were very, very helpful. The overall performance of my HP Win 10 laptop is greatly improved.

If you have any suggestions of further steps I can take to minimize or resolve the "Not Responding" issues are much appreciated.

Thank you, Lawrence

3. Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win 10 Laptop

Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win 10 Laptop

Friends,

I am persistently receiving "Not Responding" error messages when using MS Word and Excel as well as Chrome browser on my laptop (the Word & Excel files reside on my hard drive). This issue is leading
    a major loss of time and productivity. Thank you for your help - I want to identify and resolve the root cause.

HP Laptop: Purchased in 2019

Hard drive: 1 TB (50+ GB used)

RAM: 4 GB

Software - Chrome and MS Word and Excel: All up-to-date

Internet: Via my SP Consumer Cellular (connection is good, not great)

A/V: McAfee - Multiple scans run; no issues found

Any suggestions on how I might resolve whatever the root cause?

My default assumption (which may be right or wrong) is to simply add a bigger RAM Card (e.g. 20 GB).

Thank you for your help. Lawrence

4. Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop

1. Persistent "Not Responding" Messages on all software HP Win 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Persistent Responding Messages

2. HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding: I had changed in msconfig my boot cores to twelve from whatever the default setup was. Restarted my laptop. Then proceeded to run a userbenchmark to see if there was any changes. Userbenchmark actually installed a program this time rather than being a simple exe file like it...
  3. HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Omen Laptop Windows is not responding: I had changed in msconfig my boot cores to twelve from whatever the default setup was. Restarted my laptop. Then proceeded to run a userbenchmark to see if there was any changes. Userbenchmark actually installed a program this time rather than being a simple exe file like it...
  4. Win 10 - HP Laptop - HP Monitor Driver Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - HP Laptop - HP Monitor Driver Incompatibility: Hello All. Hoping you can help. I cannot afford to buy any new equipment at the moment. Been unemployed for 9 months. I have an HP Envy Touchscreen 17 laptop. I have an HP 2009m monitor. I have Windows 10. My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4600 - version 20.19.15.5058. Is...
  5. Persistent Software and Drivers Popup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent Software and Drivers Popup: [img] This message pops up every single hour just to tell me my computer is up to date, how do I get it to stop? 176077
  6. Persistent Software and Drivers Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent Software and Drivers Popup: [img] This message pops up every single hour just to tell me my computer is up to date, how do I get it to stop? 176077
  7. Not Responding message on all Microsoft products

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Responding message on all Microsoft products: Not Responding message on all Microsoft products: freezes system for about 15 to 20 seconds before going back to normal operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-responding-message-on-all-microsoft-products/4ba2e766-9cbb-4ea4-bee0-c2bd18d47a86
  8. Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win...: Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win 10 Laptop Friends, I am persistently receiving "Not Responding" error messages when using MS Word and Excel as well as Chrome browser on my laptop the Word & Excel files reside...
  9. HP laptop will not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop will not respond: My HP Pavillion laptop will not let me log in at all. When i turn it on it will display a pink screen with the loading symbol continuously, sometimes it goes to a black screen with just my cursor, sometimes it does go to the login screen and i will type my password but then...
  10. Reinstall win 10 to get rid of HP software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall win 10 to get rid of HP software: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483) As discussed in previous posts My Win10 does not have dvr burner - Windows 10 Forums I'm having trouble with my new HP Pavilion. It's kinky, will not boot from dvd or usb, does not...