Windows 10: Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

Discus and support Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zip Zop Zooey, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had been bumped slightly off position, gpu is most recent version according to amd adrenalin app, Driver is AMD RX 580 ver. 24.3.1 release 2/20/24. that seems to be helping one I also disconnected all external hard drives and stopped running steam on start-up, also told steam to stop using gpu accelerators. and I believe

:)

Zip Zop Zooey, Apr 21, 2024
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Luulune Win User
    Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now

Hey,

Since awhile I fixed most my pc issues, it was stable except that my GPU driver crashed once after booting PC, restored itself and that was it. I could live with that.

Now since a week or two my pc will always reboot after boot. Not instantly, but after 10 minutes of Firefox, game, or anything really. It will just reboot. There is no blue screen. There is no crash dumps. There is no log entry. Yesterday after this happened, my mouse and keyboard were not working and I had to reboot myself. That happened only once.

Now again it happened but differently. It didn't reboot completely. I could hear a connect/disconnect device sound, and the screen came back on, almost like a GPU driver crash. But then my screen went black for a moment and all apps that were running got restarted. It was like a reboot, but without seeing any of the boot screens of Windows.

Thanks for any input. I was planning on doing a memtest at any rate but would love your thoughts.

Luulune, Apr 21, 2024
  4. jds63 Win User

Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

1. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked. - Similar Threads - Persistent crashing black

2. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  3. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  4. Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump: I've been getting random crashes where the system hangs then reboots. Sometimes when I'm playing videogames, other times when the PC is idle. I've tried cleaning and re-seating my RAM, updating BIOS, removing and installing new GPU drivers but nothing seems to fix this.System...
  5. Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump: I've been getting random crashes where the system hangs then reboots. Sometimes when I'm playing videogames, other times when the PC is idle. I've tried cleaning and re-seating my RAM, updating BIOS, removing and installing new GPU drivers but nothing seems to fix this.System...
  6. Black Screen then crashes with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen with sound followed by manual restart with no dump

Black screen with sound followed by manual restart with no dump: setup: i9 9900k Gigabyte 3080 VISION OC PSU: corsair hxi 750w 32gb ram 3200mhz ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING winver: Screenshot - 491dd1e44c317af8df42c56cd27c8801 - Gyazo For the past few weeks I've been having random black screen freezes, where the sound goes on for a few more...
  8. Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.

Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.: I currently have an old Win10 Laptop with dedicated GPU from nVidia. I have ben suffering from this problem from a long time, wich is that after booting the PC up and logging in if i wait for a few minutes the Screen goes black, it stays about 1 minute this way. After that...
  9. Persistent black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent black screen: Title should be self-explanatory; black screen, nothing showing up. RX 580, monitor is an MSI Optix G27C2. When I boot my PC, everything goes as normal, it shows the Windows logo and those loading circles, but afterwards it just goes black and nothing shows. I've tried:...
  10. Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now: Hey, Since awhile I fixed most my pc issues, it was stable except that my GPU driver crashed once after booting PC, restored itself and that was it. I could live with that. Now since a week or two my pc will always reboot after boot. Not instantly, but after 10 minutes...