Windows 10: Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop

Discus and support Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having difficulties with BSODs on a Dell laptop since I purchased it new in December, 2018. I recently had to send the laptop to Dell for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris48, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Chris48 Win User

Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop

I have been having difficulties with BSODs on a Dell laptop since I purchased it new in December, 2018.

I recently had to send the laptop to Dell for service they replaced a bad keyboard, and I also asked them to look at the BSODs. What they did was reinstall Windows.

I thought that perhaps that would get rid of the BSODs, but in fact they are now more frequent than ever.

I used Dell's SupportAssist software to install the latest Dell-approved drivers for the model; but the BSODs persist. They appear to be related to the video drivers -- and indeed SupportAssist although it completed its diagnostics showed a message saying "BSOD - Cannot run" and "Video card - cannot run".

Dell's position is that this is a software issue, and they do not want to look at the dump files to determine the problem.

I am hoping that the folks here can help. me understand what's going on. Dump files, speccy output, and MSINFO output are posted here on OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AstAdIvnzcozgUKLkVLMNpCVt2g2?e=TyvmfR

Some of the dumps were taken after I got the laptop back from Dell and used SupportAssist to install the "recommended" updates.

The dumps from yesterday were taken after I went to Dell's web site and downloaded the latest Dell-approved drivers for both nVidia and the built-in Intel graphics. I separated the last dump out into a file of its own; there is a larger zip file with 8 dump files in it.

I have no idea how to figure out what the problem is; and so no idea how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-- Chris

:)

Chris48, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Jul 13, 2020
  3. alucasa Win User
    Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

There should be. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had XP in the first place. Unless you have to absolutely use XP for some older programs that no longer work with 7, I'd suggest you jump the boat and use 7.

Having owned two DELL laptops so far, I know that their OS restore CDs often come with slightly modified drivers to make it work without getting BSOD. For a good example, my Dell XPS M1330, it has vista home premium 32bit. If I use a regular vista 32bit CD, it will get BSOD during install. I have to use DELL's OS restore CD to get it installed.

alucasa, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Persistent recurring BSODs

2. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480: Hi Microsoft Team,I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out regarding a frustrating issue I've been experiencing with my Dell Latitude 7480 laptop. Despite trying numerous troubleshooting steps, including a full system restore, I'm still encountering frequent Blue Screen of...
  3. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480: Hi Microsoft Team,I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out regarding a frustrating issue I've been experiencing with my Dell Latitude 7480 laptop. Despite trying numerous troubleshooting steps, including a full system restore, I'm still encountering frequent Blue Screen of...
  4. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  6. Persistant Blue Screen BSOD on windows 10 Dell Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Persistant Blue Screen BSOD on windows 10 Dell Laptop: Hello Team,I frequently get BSOD on my windows 10 dell laptop with the below stop code:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORAlso attached mini dump file for your...
  7. Persistant Blue Screen BSOD on windows 10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistant Blue Screen BSOD on windows 10 Dell Laptop: Hello Team,I frequently get BSOD on my windows 10 dell laptop with the below stop code:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORAlso attached mini dump file for your...
  8. Persistant Blue Screen BSOD on windows 10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  10. Recurring BSOD on new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring BSOD on new laptop: Hi My laptop seems to get the same fault occasionally when I try to wake it up from hibernate mode. The screen is black for about 30 sec then reboots. When I go through the Event Viewer log I can see that an BSOD has happened. I've searched for some common solutions but...