Windows 10: Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

Discus and support Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm really happy that Microsoft Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dorcom, Jun 20, 2020.

1. dorcom Win User

Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

I'm really happy that Microsoft Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. It's probably them who developed the 737 Max MCAS flight control system....

If it's not this, it's something else.
    Persistence since the preceding version 1909 I cannot update drivers.
    Back in 2019 in the PC settings control panel under "updates" under the top link, "view configured update policies" One policy shows persistently: "Exclude drivers from Windows quality updates" the same with the latest version and updates.

Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update" [​IMG]

I tried all the settings here as well as the how to info on other sites such as superuser, but nothing works.
    The problem is persistent the same.

The same applies when I go do devices and printers and right-click on my computer (main PC) and select "device installation settings" the next window, "device installation settings." Both choices are grayed out as well as the "save changes" button.

Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update" [​IMG]

Thank you effing very much. Where is this damn setting? Why can't M$ give a hint/link, DUH!
    The same applies to any attempt to Enable or Disable Installation of Removable Devices in Windows.

This leaves me with it with my RealTek USB3 card reader unable to read Sony memory sticks as I need to find that updated driver (which is another adventure)

I went through the GP editor, but to no avail. I checked all possible registry settings and they apparently are all right (not configured) playing around with them and changing to either enable or disable and rebooting seems to make no change.

Anyone know where that bug is?

Argh!

Windozer 10 64 bit
    Version: 2004
    OS Build: 19041.329
    Windows Feature Experience Pack: 120.2202.130.0 (don't know where that comes from)

:)

dorcom, Jun 20, 2020

2. How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate the workaround you've provided in this thread to help more people who has the same issue. As another suggestion, we advise that you do these steps to exclude driver update during Windows 10 updates. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update and security.
    • Go to Windows Update.
    • Select Advanced options link.
    • Clear the Include driver updates when I update Windows option to complete the task.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jun 20, 2020
  3. FLT98 Win User
    How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

This option is unavailable in my Windows 10 "include driver updates when I update Windows."

FLT98, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

Hi David,

We understand that you encounter the same issue regarding exclude Windows printer driver updates. Just to ask, have you already tried the steps suggested by the other members of the community in this thread? How is it going?

We will look forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

1. Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update" - Similar Threads - Persistent refusal disable

2. Network adapter crashing and refusing to update driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter crashing and refusing to update driver: hey so as you can see by the title, i have a failure of a network adapter, being a Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC on a TUF gaming A15 laptop that will disconnect me from the internet at random times, usually under 3 minute intervals. it usually works again...
  3. Network adapter crashing and refusing to update driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter crashing and refusing to update driver: hey so as you can see by the title, i have a failure of a network adapter, being a Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC on a TUF gaming A15 laptop that will disconnect me from the internet at random times, usually under 3 minute intervals. it usually works again...
  4. Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates: I have set my group policy to exclude drivers in Windows updates. This adds the value ExcludeWUDriversinQualityUpdates to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate. Whilst I was looking at setting something else I also discovered the same value in...
  5. Persistent Software and Drivers Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent Software and Drivers Popup: [img] This message pops up every single hour just to tell me my computer is up to date, how do I get it to stop? 176077
  6. Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update": I'm really happy that Microsoft Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. It's probably them who developed the 737 Max MCAS flight control system.... If it's not this, it's something else. Persistence since...
  7. Having a persistant BSOD, driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having a persistant BSOD, driver?: Some of the more common .sys failures have been memory management, page fault in non paged area, and system thread exemption. Here are my last three dumps from BSOD with driver verifer. What could it be? https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am6BBY7_cSPFixXvqFjabE1GHfwd...
  8. Disable Driver Update

Disable Driver Update: Howdy, System Properties > Hardware > Device Installation Settings Here I want to: 1. No, let me choose what to do 2. Never install driver software from Windows Update 3. Disable Automatically get the device app... As shown in the snapshot. I want to do the above...
  9. Refuse driver updates in Windows 10?

Refuse driver updates in Windows 10?: I just installed the leaked Windows 10 build 10051. Before this I had 9926 installed. I have a game called DayZ Standalone, it refused to launch on 9926. A friend said that updating to 10051 allowed him to launch the game. So I did a clean install. Everything works great so...
  10. Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?

Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?: I determined the high resource usage when idle (laptop) was caused by the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Upon uninstall, Win10 will immediately start downloading and installing the driver. *really I disabled automatic driver updates. However, I would like to keep automatic...