Windows 10: Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Discus and support Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an system with an Intel i5 processor (a Dell 3620) and ****319 ms in the above) and whether True or False is reported - I see True sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bernard46, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Bernard46 Win User

Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

I have an system with an Intel i5 processor (a Dell 3620) and ****319 ms in the above) and whether True or False is reported - I see True sometimes with lower times.

I've searched far and wide for similar problems and there do seem to be significant numbers of people seeing this issue but there are also many apparently spurious solutions proposed (I have tried some of them to no effect) but none of them really seem to positively identify the issue and just what this Event Viewer code and its very few parameters actually mean.

Does anyone really understand the Windows 10 boot process in detail and can point me at a comprehensive explanation of the circumstances under which Event ID 100 is generated - and hopefully therefore the solution?

:)

Bernard46, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 16, 2018
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

No not tried any bench test on the ssd? how would that impact my slow boot problem? windows 8 use to boot up quick as. Driving me mad this problem.*Mad Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD :mad:

scevism, Dec 16, 2018
  4. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Wow you were so right just done a fresh install with just the ssd connected. Takes like 10 secs to boot into windows not like 3 mins anymore.*Smile Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD :)
    Thank you so much for the advice.*Toast :toast:

scevism, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD - Similar Threads - Persistent slow boot

2. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? LE: It was a one time deal, but still have around 36seconds until I can enter the Windows password. The event viewer didn't log...
  3. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564
  4. slow windows 10 boot new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slow windows 10 boot new ssd: i got my first ssd crucial mx500 500gb and it takes 40 seconds to boot from cold 377gb is FREE out of 465gb SSD I get windows 10 blue circle before i get the login screen before i enabled fast boot in bios i got the motherboard logo that is asus now i get the windows 10...
  5. Slow Cold Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Cold Boot on SSD: Hi My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows itself! Also i disabled SysMain service and not help. Is there a way to measure which driver take long time to boot or some...
  6. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  7. Slow Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot on SSD: Hi, I recently upgraded from an FX 8350 to a ryzen 5 1600x. This meant getting a new Mobo etc. With it came an SSD from Adata (120gb). I decided to install windows on the ssd and keep my 1tb HDD for games etc. I wiped the HDD (full clean, not quick one) and then installed...
  8. Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

Windows 10 slow boot on SSD: Hello. Recently (I don't know excactly when) I've noticed that my Windows 10 boot (from when I press power on button until I can see destop) is almost a minute longer than it used to be. Normally it took my PC about 20-25 seconds and I was already on a destop and ready to...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot

Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot: Hey guys , I recently formatted my SSD because of problems in my Windows 10 . I did as ever. Start the installation of Windows , chose the disk, delete all partitions, created partitions again and choose to install Windows 10 . Now I have very long boot and shutdown time(at...
  10. My SSD is booting very slow

My SSD is booting very slow: Hi everyone, I am a new member of the forum. My SSD is booting very slow & I need help solving this. The SSD is about 2 years old & has been upgraded to Win 10 for about a 1 yr, after googling the problem & following up on a suggestion, I downloaded and ran Crystal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd nvme cold boot problem

2. install windows persistant ssd

3. western digital ssd took so long to boot on windows 10

4. ryzen 12000 slow boot,
  5. windows 10 startup very slow ssd