Windows 10: Persistent State Of Charging

Discus and support Persistent State Of Charging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a very strange problem... My Win10 32b Linx Vision 8 "thinks" it is connected to the charger when it isn't. So, it's in a persistent state of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Popc0rn, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Popc0rn Win User

Persistent State Of Charging

This is a very strange problem...

My Win10 32b Linx Vision 8 "thinks" it is connected to the charger when it isn't. So, it's in a persistent state of charging, even the battery icon is animated indicating its charging even though it's not connected to the power at all.

The Knock-on affect of this is the power-state options, etc. I've got all the necessary, specific device drivers, etc.

How do I fix this, please?

Windows 10
    Ver. 2004 (21296.1010)

:)

Popc0rn, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Persistent State Of Charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Persistent State Of Charging

Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Persistent State Of Charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Persistent State Of Charging

1. Persistent State Of Charging - Similar Threads - Persistent State Charging

2. Week charging state error, charging is fine, get the error when adapter is not plugged in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Week charging state error, charging is fine, get the error when adapter is not plugged in...: I get the following error message:Week charging state, please check power charger.Laptop is Asus Vivobook M7600R. Power charger is fine, My Asus and UEFI charger test show everything is normal.The laptop charges from 10% to 100% in about an hour.Charger an battery are fine....
  3. Week charging state error, charging is fine, get the error when adapter is not plugged in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Week charging state error, charging is fine, get the error when adapter is not plugged in...: I get the following error message:Week charging state, please check power charger.Laptop is Asus Vivobook M7600R. Power charger is fine, My Asus and UEFI charger test show everything is normal.The laptop charges from 10% to 100% in about an hour.Charger an battery are fine....
  4. Persistent BSOD Power state failure usbccgp.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD Power state failure usbccgp.sys: Dear Microsoft Community We have intermittent but persistent BSOD on a Dell Latitude 5530I put his SSD into another device and checked the usb-drivers - however i cannot pinpoint the issue.Do you guys have another idea from looking at the dump?Thanks in...
  5. Persistent BSOD Power state failure usbccgp.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD Power state failure usbccgp.sys: Dear Microsoft Community We have intermittent but persistent BSOD on a Dell Latitude 5530I put his SSD into another device and checked the usb-drivers - however i cannot pinpoint the issue.Do you guys have another idea from looking at the dump?Thanks in...
  6. Persistent BSOD Power state failure usbccgp.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Battery Charging to 100% while maximum processor state plugged in is 90%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Charging to 100% while maximum processor state plugged in is 90%: Hello, So I once read that reducing battery charge percentage for maximum processor state will in fact reduce heating issues. When I first made the changes for the high performance plan, The battery stopped charging at 90%, and the temperatures decreased while gaming...
  8. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  9. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  10. Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Meter on new laptop displays zero regardless of charge state: Hey all! I saw some reviews, did some research and ended up buying the Chuwi Lapbook 12.3. Everything seems to be working fine, except that the laptop shows the battery at zero percent no matter what. It does charge and has normal battery life, but the battery meter...