Windows 10: Persistent tooltip appearing

Discus and support Persistent tooltip appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A tooltip from the Home Ribbon left indent button in Word is persistent on my screen, including with other applications or Windows Explorer. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Charles Kenyon, May 4, 2020.

1. Persistent tooltip appearing

A tooltip from the Home Ribbon left indent button in Word is persistent on my screen, including with other applications or Windows Explorer.

Persistent tooltip appearing 35ccdf5f-97ee-4e9e-bc16-f8f92c4f911e?upload=true.png

Any thoughts on the cause? How, short of a Restart, do I get rid of it?

Windows 10 Professional. 10.0.18363 Build 18363

32 Gb RAM

Radeon 530 with Intel Graphics 620

:)

Charles Kenyon, May 4, 2020

2. Persistent tooltip

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that tooltip has started appearing on your screen and which came right click menu in Windows.
    I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

Please follow the Troubleshooting Method and check if its helps.

Method 1: Adjusting Windows for best Performance.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type Sysdm.cpl.
    • Go to Advance Tab and click on Performance settings.
    • Set for Adjust for best performance.
    • Click ok and Apply.
    If the issue persist please follow next method.

Method 2: Disable Show shadows under Menus.

Please follow the steps mentioned below>

• Right click My Computer.

• Select Properties.

• Go to the Advanced tab.

• Click the Settings button in the section labeled "Performance".

• Disable Show shadows under menus.
    Hope this information is helpful, if the issue persist please write us back with the information in brief so that we can assist you further.

Morris Subba, May 4, 2020
  3. Persistent tooltips

Hi Charles,

Tooltips appear automatically, or pop up, when the user pauses the mouse pointer over a tool or some other UI element. The tooltip appears near the pointer and disappears when the user clicks a mouse button, moves the pointer away from the tool, or simply
    waits for a few seconds.

For more information, refer the link below.

About Tooltip Controls:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb760250(v=vs.85).aspx

Tooltip:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb760246(v=vs.85).aspx

For more assistance in this regards, I suggest you to post your query in MSDN forum.

Msdn forums

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 4, 2020
  4. Persistent tooltip appearing

Persistent tooltip

This seems to be similar to the question asked here about Windows 7.

A tooltip is stuck on the desktop and will not go away.

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and in the last couple of days, tooltips have started to persist on my screen. They are from a right-click menu in Windows. Here are two examples of this with the same tooltip. The tooltip, itself, came from pasting a
    shortcut to a file in Windows.

Example 1 when searching this forum.

Persistent tooltip appearing 4ea40407-7a55-404c-8ce1-ca880d8ee3ac.png

Example 2 when writing this question:

Persistent tooltip appearing 30769cf6-5f6d-4b45-acab-5b97ad0517cc.png

I've only seen one at a time and restarting the computer gets rid of it. For that matter, putting the computer to sleep and then going back in gets rid of it.

Charles Kenyon, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Persistent tooltip appearing

1. Persistent tooltip appearing - Similar Threads - Persistent tooltip appearing

2. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  3. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  4. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  6. Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?: submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itpxcm/is_there_a_way_to_reduce_the_delay_before_this/
  7. Tooltips in Courrier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tooltips in Courrier: Tooltips in Courrier I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with "Courrier" the email application provided with Windows 10. The more pressing question that brings me here, is this: Is it possible to disable the appearance of tooltips when hovering over a...
  8. desktop tooltips

desktop tooltips: Is there a way to increase the size of tooltips without increasing the size of all text? I am on a standard Desktop PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tooltips/48479318-d788-4eff-bcea-7ccf6a9d2aad
  9. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856