Windows 10: Persistent Update Problem

Discus and support Persistent Update Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everybody. I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok. Then double clicked Update Windows. Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Oct 10, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

Persistent Update Problem

Hello Everybody.

I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok.
    Then double clicked Update Windows.
    Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual".
    Then clicked apply and save.

The instructions said, "This will work for awhile but eventually it will start updating again".

How can I fix it so that it NEVER, EVER tries to update again.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 10, 2019
  3. SeeK Win User
    Doesn't find all RAM!

Alright, the BIOS has been updated but the problem persists. Suggestions?

4. Persistent Update Problem

Printer offline problem persists

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

Method 2: I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Persistent Update Problem

1. Persistent Update Problem - Similar Threads - Persistent Update Problem

2. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?: please introduce this persistent nuisance MICROSOFT pros. potent solution encapsulated and emailed in MICROSOFT UPDATE is what i await.thanksregular MICROSOFT customer...
  3. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?: please introduce this persistent nuisance MICROSOFT pros. potent solution encapsulated and emailed in MICROSOFT UPDATE is what i await.thanksregular MICROSOFT customer...
  4. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems: My problem with wireless keyboard & mouse is alike to the one described in this recent thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-set-not-working/ec0ff343-cf15-4253-86ec-186afcc1f4ee but more akin to this 2015 threat...
  6. Event ID 6008 persisting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 6008 persisting problem: Got my laptop 6 months ago, and since then it has randomly shut down around 10 times. Each time, it was because of Event ID 6008. I doubt it's because of the fan since I just got the laptop and therefore there isn't that much dust. The only thing I can think of is that it...
  7. Wifi problem persists

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem persists: Thanks a lot Microsoft for bringing an update yesterday evening, after which the internet has stopped working on my laptop. It has been more than one year that I am facing problems on Wifi connection on Windows 10. Wifi works on my all other devices, except Windows....
  8. Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists: Hello. Since the Fall Creator's update !703, the cursor has been acting very bad. First problems I noticed back in 1703 was that the cursor would hang or dissappear. Back then, rolling back was the only solution. Tried updating, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling computer,...
  9. Persistent Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Persistent Update Problem: Hello Everybody. I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok. Then double clicked Update Windows. Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual". Then clicked apply and save. The instructions said, "This will work for awhile but eventually it will start updating...
  10. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists: I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors. What is happening for me is the...