Windows 10: Persistent User Profile Access After UAC Authentication

Discus and support Persistent User Profile Access After UAC Authentication in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All. I've got what I find to be a strange thing happening with one of my computers. I am an admin and was logged in with an end user's account. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jh6004, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jh6004 Win User

Persistent User Profile Access After UAC Authentication

Hi All. I've got what I find to be a strange thing happening with one of my computers. I am an admin and was logged in with an end user's account. I needed to grab a file from another user's profile on the computer (C:\users\otheruser) so I browsed to the file and used my admin creds to authenticate when the UAC prompt popped up. However, the original user who was logged into the system now has access to the other user's folder and I can't get it to go away. Is this supposed to be a persistent setting? I rebooted a few times, but the access is still there. All other user profiles are blocked for browsing (UAC prompts for access), but this one seems to have stored something saying that access was granted once so should always be granted.

I hope that all makes sense. Any help is appreciated!

:)

jh6004, Nov 16, 2018

2. The User Profile Service failed to sign in on Windows 10

Hi Arne,

To assist you better, I would like to knw whether you had installed any third party application or made any recent changes to any settings?

This issue may arise due when the User Profile Service has been disabled and we nee to enable it manually. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + R to open
      Run
      command, type Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.
    If the issue still persists, check the status of the UAC.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps to resolve the issue that you are facing when trying to create a new user account. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 16, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Persistent User Profile Access After UAC Authentication - Similar Threads - Persistent User Profile

2. Have user need password to access UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have user need password to access UAC: I can't access a user password but have the username, and I can't run anything as an Admin because I can't remember the password. I have tried everything.I can't access Family and others in Accounts.Local Users and groups are a no goAccessing built in Admin account? Meh.Using...
  3. Have user need password to access UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have user need password to access UAC: I can't access a user password but have the username, and I can't run anything as an Admin because I can't remember the password. I have tried everything.I can't access Family and others in Accounts.Local Users and groups are a no goAccessing built in Admin account? Meh.Using...
  4. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Access: Hello all,Recently my computer entered into a BSOD loop that has progressed to the point where I believe my only option is to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows. In attempt to to save my files, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the contents of the original drive onto an...
  5. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Access: Hello all,Recently my computer entered into a BSOD loop that has progressed to the point where I believe my only option is to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows. In attempt to to save my files, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the contents of the original drive onto an...
  6. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot access user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access user profile: Woke up this morning and went to start my computer...and wow, something happened where I can no longer access my user profile.Even better...if I restart my computer, any changes made to the new profile my computer set-up are reset to what they are originally!Windows...
  8. Cannot access user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access user profile: Woke up this morning and went to start my computer...and wow, something happened where I can no longer access my user profile.Even better...if I restart my computer, any changes made to the new profile my computer set-up are reset to what they are originally!Windows...
  9. Cannot access user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. User Profiles & Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles & Access: I set up a user profile for myself and my wife on a new PC. I was working fine on mine and switched to my wife’s to let her set up her emails etc. However, when i tried to gt in, I received an error message “User Profile Service service failed in sign-in, User profile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows solve problem with user account persistent