Windows 10: Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still

Discus and support Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have mouse stuttering issues in Windows 10 since when I first started using a wireless mouse, back in February-March. This happens on two PCs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StefanGeac, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still

Hi,

I have mouse stuttering issues in Windows 10 since when I first started using a wireless mouse, back in February-March. This happens on two PCs, one is Win 10 Enterprise, one is Home, both up to date(the home one is on the Slow Insider Ring, possibly).

I use persistent in the title because I changed mice, drivers, batteries, windows versions and even upgraded my CPU + MB(thinking that maybe they were too old or something).

I'm not talking about cheap or no-name mice, first there was a MS Sculpt Comfort and now it's a Logitech MX Master 2s - same issue with both, proprietary receivers and built in(PC/Laptop) Bluetooth receivers.

So I'm a bit frustrated seeing how in Chrome(that's it, that's the main app, along with some background apps from nvidia, amd, etc) it stutters like hell. I'm not doing heavy stuff in Chrome either, let's say it's youtube and reddit - it still stutters.

The PC is a ryzen 2700x + 16 gb ram - so I'm thinking it should be enough for the cursor to not stutter.

As a note: it isn't stuttering always, but when it starts it remains like that(maybe goes a bit light sometimes) until the next restart.

Before you answer - yes, I've reinstalled the drivers from Device Manager.

As for possible causes - Wireless Routers(?) At home there is one on my desk so maybe it's that, but at work it's at a 3m distance from my desk so there it's def not that.

Sorry if my text seems a bit aggressive - it's because I've invested in these things and they still aren't working properly. Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still :(
    I use mousepads.

:)

StefanGeac, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still

Mouse keeps stuttering

Hi,

If you're experiencing issues with wireless mouse, there are several steps can help to resolve this. We suggest that you try to perform the methods provided on this article:

Troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly

Please not that some of the steps are for older Windows operating system, but that is okay. You may disregard those steps.

In addition, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth and Hardware and Devices through the Settings app. To do that, simply perform search, type in "troubleshooting" on the search field or Cortana, hit on
    Enter key, click on Bluetooth, then click on
    Run the troubleshooter
    button. Same goes with the Hardware and Devices.

We are keen on hearing back from you regarding this matter.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still

1. Persistent wireless mouse stuttering, still - Similar Threads - Persistent wireless mouse

2. Wireless mouse stutter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse stutter.: I've an issue with m590 stuttering when thumbdrive is plugged-in and do some file transfer.I doubt that this may be caused by not enough of power to the usb port.*W10 20h2 19042.1526...
  3. Wireless mouse stutter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse stutter.: I've an issue with m590 stuttering when thumbdrive is plugged-in and do some file transfer.I doubt that this may be caused by not enough of power to the usb port.*W10 20h2 19042.1526...
  4. Wireless mouse stutter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems

Wireless keyboard and mouse - persistant problems: My problem with wireless keyboard & mouse is alike to the one described in this recent thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-set-not-working/ec0ff343-cf15-4253-86ec-186afcc1f4ee but more akin to this 2015 threat...
  6. Wireless mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse stuttering: When I play games, browsing or just moving my mouse on the homepage, it sometimes start stuttering hard. How do I fix this? Im using the "GXT 130 Ranoo Wireless Gaming Mouse" from Trust. submitted by /u/iAmCaptainSunshine [link] [comments]...
  7. My wireless mouse keeps stuttering and idk why

My wireless mouse keeps stuttering and idk why: For some reason my wireless mouse keeps stuttering and moves in slow motion every now and again. It happens every couple of minutes and has really only started happening recently. I’ve looked up and tried some troubleshooting solutions, but to no avail. I’m thinking maybe it...
  8. Wireless mouse stutters on my laptop but not on my desktop

Wireless mouse stutters on my laptop but not on my desktop: Hello My redragon mirage mouse (and other wireless mice i have tried) stutter on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I have tried a few fixes but no results. Any help? submitted by /u/Danielpena002 [link] [comments]...
  9. Mouse Stuttering still

Mouse Stuttering still: I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Approx 6 months ago after the last update they began to stutter almost like the PC had a lack of resources. Even when nothing is running. The keyboard also picks up extra key strokes or misses them altogether. I was hoping the latest...
  10. MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks

MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks: MS wireless keyboard 800 and mouse 1000 combo. Latest MS drivers and clean install of windows 10 home. The mouse pointer frequently jerks and jumps and then after a few seconds releases and runs smoothly again. New batteries make no difference. I have moved the little...