Windows 10: Persistent WSL error

Discus and support Persistent WSL error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to setup WSL on my Windows 11 home device Ryzen 3950x. and I am running into a persistent error when trying to install or run wsl,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matt_670, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Matt_670 Win User

Persistent WSL error

Hello, I am trying to setup WSL on my Windows 11 home device Ryzen 3950x. and I am running into a persistent error when trying to install or run wsl, text shown below. Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS. For information please visit https://aka.ms/enablevirtualization Press any key to continue...I have the SVM option enabled in BIOS and the 'Virtual Machine Platform,' and 'Windows Subsystem for Linux,' are enabled in Windows

:)

Matt_670, Mar 9, 2023
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 9, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 0.64.0 released

Source: Release 0.64.0 . microsoft/WSL . GitHub

See also:

Brink, Mar 9, 2023
  4. Persistent WSL error

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 9, 2023
Thema:

Persistent WSL error

1. Persistent WSL error - Similar Threads - Persistent WSL error

2. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  3. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  4. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: Even after enabling vm and windows sub system for Linux option in features and enabling virtualisation , when I run wsl commands I am getting class not registered error I have no idea regarding the issue please help in fixing this issue....
  5. WSL Error

WSL Error: Even after enabling vm and windows sub system for Linux option in features and enabling virtualisation , when I run wsl commands I am getting class not registered error I have no idea regarding the issue please help in fixing this issue....
  6. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: All of a sudden, WSL2 stopped working on my Win11 system.I thought it would be good to uninstall ubuntu and check the Win 11 image. Nothing helped.This is the error message I am getting:PS C:\Users\JochenGatternig> wsl --install ubuntuUbuntu is already installed.Launching...
  8. WSL Error

WSL Error: All of a sudden, WSL2 stopped working on my Win11 system.I thought it would be good to uninstall ubuntu and check the Win 11 image. Nothing helped.This is the error message I am getting:PS C:\Users\JochenGatternig> wsl --install ubuntuUbuntu is already installed.Launching...
  9. Persistent WSL error

Persistent WSL error: Hello, I am trying to setup WSL on my Windows 11 home device Ryzen 3950x. and I am running into a persistent error when trying to install or run wsl, text shown below. Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please...
  10. Persistent SRUDB Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent SRUDB Errors: Event Viewer has been showing an error in SRUDB.dat. I tracked it down to a faulty NVidia driver update, because it was causing BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violations. A hotfix from NVidia solved the BSOD, but the errors persist. They occur in pairs and are:svchost 3844,D,22...