Windows 10: Persisting audio issues with Windows 10 2004 update

Discus and support Persisting audio issues with Windows 10 2004 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded my desktop MSI Z77A-G45, intel i-5 2nd gen, radeon graphics card and realtek audio, I started noticing lag in audio while playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gamma_2020, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Persisting audio issues with Windows 10 2004 update

Ever since I upgraded my desktop MSI Z77A-G45, intel i-5 2nd gen, radeon graphics card and realtek audio, I started noticing lag in audio while playing streaming videos irrespective of application browsers, apps you name it and worsened with audio skipping along with mouse freezing. The only recourse is to restart machines. I tried with upgrading audio and video drives with no luck. I then changed graphics card, disabled onboard audio and added pci-e creative audio card and same issues showed up after few days. Since the system is almost 7 years old, I built a fresh build Windows 10 2004 with ASRock B365M-HDV , i3-9100, NVidia GPU and on board Realtek audio and you guessed it correct the same issues are persisting.

At this point, I can safely conclude that Microsoft messed up with this update which costed me $$$ system upgrade that was not even necessary in the first place. If anyone of you found a workaround, please suggest other than known remedies upgrading drivers, unchecking app sound exclusive mode etc.. I could go back to previous 1909 version which is an option but not a preferred option.

:)

Gamma_2020, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows 10 update messed up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which update was installed? Can you help us with the update details?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles below:

Additional Information: If the issue persists, update the audio drivers from manufacturer's website.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Persisting audio issues with Windows 10 2004 update

Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Persisting audio issues with Windows 10 2004 update

1. Persisting audio issues with Windows 10 2004 update - Similar Threads - Persisting audio issues

2. Persistent Audio Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent Audio Issues Windows 10: (Posting this on behalf of my husband so I can get audio working on my puter for video gamessss!) I am running 64-bit Windows 10 Home Build 19042 on a Gigabyte 970A-UD3P (rev. 2.x) with the latest BIOS version (FC) and Realtek HD Audio Driver (Version 8447) from this...
  3. Windows 10 2004 Update and Audio Driver issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 Update and Audio Driver issues: I have been trying to update from 1909 to 2004 since release, but I have found that there are some issues with Conexant Audio drivers since August. Is there any date in which the problem will be solved? The update was released 6 months ago and I still haven´t received it. I...
  4. Windows 10 update 2004 issue.

Windows 10 update 2004 issue.: Anybody else have this issue and have been able to fix it? Since I upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004, when I press any icon or program, and have my browser open, the program or file goes to the background and not the foreground. Any ideas? This only happens when I open an...
  5. No Audio Windows 10 Version 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Hi, Following issues occurred when I updated the version of Windows 10 build 2004 upgrade. Issue : No Audio : neither OutputSpeakers/ External Headphones via 3.5 mm Jack nor InputSystem's Microphone/ External Microphone not even via External Bluetooth Headsets. Issues:...
  6. WIndows 10 2004 update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 2004 update Issue: I have 2 PCs, a laptop on windows 10 1903 and a surface Pro 6 on windows 10 1909. I tried updating my Surface Pro 6 to windows 10 2004. After the update I realized the hard disk had 30GB less space on it, Going from 80gb to 50gb free. Now, my Laptop had previously been backed...
  7. audio issues after May 2020 -2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio issues after May 2020 -2004 update: After the May update 2004 my outgoing audio over Zoom calls is static and crackly. I have spent a month and a half with this issue. A good portion with it at service. I had the PC wiped and then brought back to Geek Squad and they reset as well as removing 2004 update back to...
  8. Strange audio issue post-2004 update

Strange audio issue post-2004 update: Couldn't find any clear existing post so I thought it best to start a new one. I have a bit of a strange audio issue ever since the 2004 update dropped; Windows now doesn't seem to like having the same input and output device set for audio. In my setup I have a Roland...
  9. Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues: Hello, I've been having around 1-2 BSODs per week from the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error on a PC I've built and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've gone through with many troubleshooting tips and haven't seen to crack exactly what the issue is. I believe it's related to my...
  10. Persistent issues with Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent issues with Windows 10 Pro.: i have been having persistent issues with windows 10 pro, between getting the updates to updating drivers it has been a real nightmare. im the last week i have reinstalled windows at least 15 times due to it looping in BSOD and other critical errors, even the start up repair...