Windows 10: personal and school accounts linked?

Discus and support personal and school accounts linked? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I set up my personal microsoft account, it was linked to my school account. I'm not sure how exactly I linked it, but I began having issues where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SarahMiller8, Aug 31, 2019.

1. personal and school accounts linked?

When I set up my personal microsoft account, it was linked to my school account. I'm not sure how exactly I linked it, but I began having issues where I would log into my personal account and it would only show me my school account. I got a new computer and bought a subscription to microsoft office. However my new computer thinks I only have the subscriptions and license associated with my school account. I wouldn't care that much, but my access to office and windows through my school account is about to expire. I've also downloaded a ton of software for a new program I'm about to start, so I'd rather not set up a new username and start from scratch. Does anyone know how to help??

:)

SarahMiller8, Aug 31, 2019

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 31, 2019
  4. shahmukim Win User

personal and school accounts linked?

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?

shahmukim, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

personal and school accounts linked?

1. personal and school accounts linked? - Similar Threads - personal school accounts

2. Link Two MCIDS with two personal accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link Two MCIDS with two personal accounts: I have two MCIDS and two seperate personal accounts linked with these .One of my personal account is linked to my work account.I would like to retain the MCID linked to both my personal account and work account and merge another MCID with a different personal account with the...
  3. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete School account in my personal windows Issue: I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am thinking to delete the School Account in my Windows, but it didn't work, cause the only way to delete the account need log in to...
  4. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

Delete School account in my personal windows Issue: I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am thinking to delete the School Account in my Windows, but it didn't work, cause the only way to delete the account need log in to...
  5. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  6. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  7. Unable to sign in to a school account personal account successfully added

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to a school account personal account successfully added: Hi,I have successfully added a personal account to the system. But when I tried to add my school account, it showed that 'we couldn't sign you in. Please try again.' P.S. I can sign to office 365 using the school account on website.Thanks!Lu...
  8. Microsoft OneDrive and Account Transition from School to Personal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft OneDrive and Account Transition from School to Personal: I have been having difficulty with my OneDrive Account and other computer issues. My previous account was linked to a school account and assumed that account restrictions from that account may be causing the problems. I have been working on transitioning things to a different...
  9. Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account: I repeatedly receive a login request when trying to access shared files or my OneNote account that tells me I have two accounts with the same email address: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use? Work or...
  10. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...