Windows 10: Personal desktop preferences keep changing a remote computer

Discus and support Personal desktop preferences keep changing a remote computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to access my personal Outlook account on a work computer using the Windows 10 Outlook app. This meant I logged in using my Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JefferyKonowal, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Personal desktop preferences keep changing a remote computer

I had to access my personal Outlook account on a work computer using the Windows 10 Outlook app. This meant I logged in using my Microsoft account. After logging back off, I noticed my personal computer's desktop preferences (ie... background and toolbar position) were now on the work computer. The work computer is logged in using the work credentials, and I can see my account as being disconnected from the system, but my co-worker and I are in a desktop battle of sorts. If I change the toolbar and the background, she sees it when she logs in, and when she changes it back, it affects my home computer. I can't find anything on the internet about this, and it's become extremely annoying. How do I fully disconnect my account from her computer so we aren't constantly changing preferences?

:)

JefferyKonowal, Aug 10, 2018

2. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Personal desktop preferences keep changing a remote computer

Windows 7 Remote Desktop

I was wondering if it's possible to change Windows Remote Desktop port number? I believe it uses port 3389. A friend of mine wants to connect to his work computer from home, but it's not possible because port 3389 hasn't been forwarded. And he does not have access to do so. Teamviewer works perfectly fine, but he prefers Remote Desktop

GoFigureItOut, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Personal desktop preferences keep changing a remote computer

1. Personal desktop preferences keep changing a remote computer - Similar Threads - Personal desktop preferences

2. Remote desktops service keeps stoping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktops service keeps stoping: Hii have a problem with my remote desktop.The remote desktop service stops after a couple of reconects and i need to either reboot the computer or manualy start the service to be able to reconect...
  3. Remote desktops service keeps stoping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktops service keeps stoping: Hii have a problem with my remote desktop.The remote desktop service stops after a couple of reconects and i need to either reboot the computer or manualy start the service to be able to reconect...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  5. app volume and device preferences keeps changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    app volume and device preferences keeps changing: so what happens is that randomly, the volume of an app will change to 77% or something like that. Resetting it doesn't work and I cant find a solution, anybody think they could help please? Edit: After turning on do nothing in communications, it worked then didn't, I...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing: Hi, We are currently connecting to our workstations using RDP after connecting to VPN. Lately, many users have experienced their RDP session freezing, forcing them to close the session and re-open. I have seen many articles on this topic, however, none of them include...
  7. my remote desktop keep freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my remote desktop keep freezing: hi my loveMICrosoft company some of my employer in our company remote desktop keep freezing and they have to close and again remote we use vpn connection for telework and they remote to themeselves system in company i must add both os in windows 10 1909 and we sure...
  8. Personal Preference?

in Browsers and Email
    Personal Preference?: Ok, So I am sure this has been asked before but which browser do you prefer? I am having a hard time picking between Chrome or FoxFire.. I don't really care for Edge Any thoughts? 95357
  9. Win 10 keeps changing the default printer using Remote Desktop

Win 10 keeps changing the default printer using Remote Desktop: I have 2 Win 10 computers and an XP computer in my home network. I have 2 printers connected to the XP computer. I mostly use the XP computer with Remote Desktop to control a Win 10 computer. The printers work fine in all situations except Remote Desktop with the XP computer...
  10. Change computer description remotely

Change computer description remotely: Hi! Is there a way to change a PC description running windows 10 remotely ? We have a domain environment with multiple workstations and we would like to change their description without the need of physically accessing the PC. Is there maybe a way using CMD, Powershell or...