Windows 10: Personal email address used with more than one account

Discus and support Personal email address used with more than one account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the last few weeks I've been trying to solve why when I sign in to Microsoft online services with my personal email address I am met with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cosmic Ray, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Personal email address used with more than one account

For the last few weeks I've been trying to solve why when I sign in to Microsoft online services with my personal email address I am met with the following message:

It looks like this email address is being used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?

Work or School Account

Created by your IT dept

or

Personal Account

Created by you

I had a completely different work related email address. Are both email addresses (business & personal) linked together in some way and used for logging into the same accounts for Microsoft services or are they completely separate and it's just a bug from Microsoft?

:)

Cosmic Ray, Apr 4, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 4, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Personal email address used with more than one account

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Personal email address used with more than one account

1. Personal email address used with more than one account - Similar Threads - Personal email address

2. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  3. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  4. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Email used with more than one account

Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  6. Email used with more than one account

Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  7. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "Personal email address can't be used for work or school account."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Personal email address can't be used for work or school account.": I've never had a work or school account. Why does this appear occasionally and how do I fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-email-address-cant-be-used-for-work-or/12f71c01-a665-4ef9-8c9f-dc16721ff196
  9. emailing someone with more than one email address

emailing someone with more than one email address: I recently switched to using windows email. I am a teacher. It is not uncommon to have to email both parents separately. I have each email address under the child's name. However, when I try to create a new email, it only allows me to choose one. It never gives me the...
  10. Using work email address for both personal and work account

Using work email address for both personal and work account: This is a mixed Window 10 account/Office365 account question I had initially created a "personal" Microsoft account with my work email, purely for use with work-related things. I also use this to sign in to my Windows 10 profile on my laptop and save all my preferences etc....