Windows 10: Personal files broken

Discus and support Personal files broken in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I need some help. I have restarted my computer and restored it to factory settings recently. I tried to move them from drive C to drive D to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Szakusiek, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Szakusiek Win User

Personal files broken

Hello. I need some help. I have restarted my computer and restored it to factory settings recently. I tried to move them from drive C to drive D to save space in that drive but it seems that it has broken them. As you can see in the picture I provided every single folder except for some reason Downloads changed its name to Pictures. I tried already to restore default location in the files properties but every one of them except downloads and actual pictures didn't show up there. On top of that a folder named Captures has been appearing on my desktop even when I delete it. I don't know what is happening. Please help me restore these folders how they've been. Personal files broken 1015b326-f977-437a-a2d8-6e30e0efe524?upload=true.png Personal files broken 7acec6e9-4124-4451-8d08-1af8cb74c5f1?upload=true.png

:)

Szakusiek, Feb 14, 2021

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Personal files broken

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Personal files broken

1. Personal files broken - Similar Threads - Personal files broken

2. Personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal files: If I erase my personal files does that also mean that it will erase my games too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-files/a74bed8d-33c6-4101-9077-cf2786b66045
  3. Personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal files: If I erase my personal files does that also mean that it will erase my games too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-files/a74bed8d-33c6-4101-9077-cf2786b66045
  4. personal files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal files: does it erase all personal files when upgrading windows 10 to windows 11?will the personal files delete in this upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-files/cc605541-fc76-48a2-8953-03af8b713e1b
  5. personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    personal files: does it erase all personal files when upgrading windows 10 to windows 11?will the personal files delete in this upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-files/cc605541-fc76-48a2-8953-03af8b713e1b
  6. personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft authenticator add personal account on android is broken: Hi, The option to add a personal account in microsoft authenticator is broken. Clicking it just results in a white screen. Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-add-personal-account-on/9eb8c5e6-b7fc-4f5d-b7bc-d4d47aea395b
  8. Loading Personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading Personal files: Following the last two rounds of Updates, Windows 10 loads up and I can sign in to my Microsoft account Ok but I get a message up saying my personal settings could not be accessed and I have been signed in with a temporary account. I am told to sign out and restart. I have...
  9. Broken Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Files: Alright, so, a while ago, I got a new Windows 10. And it was acting like it was still inside the store I bought it from. (Putting up an ad about HP laptops every minuter or so.)So I decided to try and reset it back the the factory version. But, It got even worse. First, it...
  10. Broken Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Files: Alright, so, a while ago, I got a new Windows 10. And it was acting like it was still inside the store I bought it from. (Putting up an ad about HP laptops every minuter or so.)So I decided to try and reset it back the the factory version. But, It got even worse. First, it...