Windows 10: Personal files missing on bootable USB after entering Advanced Startup

Discus and support Personal files missing on bootable USB after entering Advanced Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a windows 10 bootable USB with extra personal files on it. I just tried to do an advanced start-up using the USB, but it failed. Now when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nivnav, Jan 3, 2018.

1. nivnav Win User

Personal files missing on bootable USB after entering Advanced Startup

I had a windows 10 bootable USB with extra personal files on it. I just tried to do an advanced start-up using the USB, but it failed. Now when I access the USB, only the windows 10 files show up and the personal files are not there. I have tried viewing the drive with hidden items checked, but to no avail.
    I think the files are still on the drive as the drive is showing up with 41.7 GB used, even though there's only 3.16 GB worth of windows 10 files on the drive. This is a 64GB drive.

I'm not sure what happened, but can anyone please help me retrieve the personal files that were originally on the USB.

:)

nivnav, Jan 3, 2018
  2. Nived R Win User

Personal files now missing on Windows 10 bootable USB, after entering Advanced Start-up mode.

I had a windows 10 bootable USB with extra personal files on it. I just tried to do an advanced start-up using the USB, but it failed. Now when I access the USB, only the windows 10 files show up and the personal files are not there. I have tried viewing
    the drive with hidden items checked, but to no avail.

I think the files are still on the drive as the drive is showing up with 41.7 GB used, even though there's only 3.16 GB worth of windows 10 files on the drive. This is a 64GB drive.

I'm not sure what happened, but can anyone please help me retrieve the personal files that were originally on the USB.

Nived R, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Nived R Win User
    Personal files now missing on Windows 10 bootable USB, after entering Advanced Start-up mode.

Hi Robelene,

I receive the error: Access denied - E:\System Volume Information when following your instructions.

Nived

Nived R, Jan 3, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Personal files missing on bootable USB after entering Advanced Startup - Similar Threads - Personal files missing

2. Bootable USB is missing Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable USB is missing Network Adapter: I want to make a bootable usb for Windows 1803 using Rufus I choose the Windows To Go option let it run boot into Windows but the network adapter is missing and my GPU isn’t being recognized and when I try to install the network adapter drivers it’s says I need to install 3.5...
  3. Bootable USB is missing Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable USB is missing Network Adapter: I want to make a bootable usb for Windows 1803 using Rufus I choose the Windows To Go option let it run boot into Windows but the network adapter is missing and my GPU isn’t being recognized and when I try to install the network adapter drivers it’s says I need to install 3.5...
  4. Bootable USB is missing Network Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  6. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  7. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Missing Personal Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Personal Files: After running the Windows 10 update all my personal photos and documents are gone. Background is gone. Was using Thunderbird email program, it's gone The log on Avatar is the Same so I figure they have to be here somewhere. What do I do to restore personal files?...
  9. Recover files after usb was made bootable

Recover files after usb was made bootable: Hello everybody, I downloaded an iso Windows 10 image to my 256 gigas usb not considering that it would get formatted and made bootable. My intention was only to have the image on my stick along with all my other photos and files. Which is the best way to get my files...
  10. "Use a Device" Advanced Startup Option Missing

"Use a Device" Advanced Startup Option Missing: Hello all, I have been having an incredibly frustrating time trying to accomplish something that should be relatively simple. I am trying to upgrade from the 32x version of Windows 10 to the 64x version. I have the installation media created onto a USB drive, but when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb bootable usb drive windows 10 missing personal files