Windows 10: personal firewall lacks xml product code

Discus and support personal firewall lacks xml product code in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been contacted by phone by someone claiming to be MS support person wanting to fix a reported error in my personal firewall. How can I verify... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimHegney, May 17, 2019.

1. JimHegney Win User

personal firewall lacks xml product code

I have been contacted by phone by someone claiming to be MS support person wanting to fix a reported error in my personal firewall. How can I verify this? I ran Macafee MVT which does report that the Personal firewall is not functioning because it lacks some xml code.

They want $300 to fix this. I am running Windows 8.1. If I installed Windows 10, would the firewall be fixed as part of the installation?

:)

JimHegney, May 17, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 17, 2019
  3. mr. Adam Win User
    C++ source code to compare XML files like ExamXML XML differ

I’m working on a Linux project that includes identifying changes between XML files and I need a source code on C++ to compare XML fragments.
    I’m using differencing tool ExamXML from A7Soft provides tools to compare XML documents to compare and merge XML files but this is Windows application.

Thanks.

mr. Adam, May 17, 2019
  4. personal firewall lacks xml product code

Personal firewalls cause more problems then they solve.

Recent testing by Munich-based PC Professionell is showing results that are not boding well for personal firewall manufacterers. The personal firewalls the magazine tested, from shady freeware to heavily advertised professional editions, could not block all attempts for programs to gain outbound access to the internet. Several firewalls were even turned off by the programs accessing the internet. These firewalls are simply not comparable to corporate firewalls. Corporations have the resources to buy entire computers dedicated to defending a network. The magazine also found much more effective ways to protect yourself online.
    • Browsers are the most vulnerable part of the computer, and Javascript is the most vulnerable part of the browser. Be sure you know who's installing what into your browser.
    • Use common sense when browsing. According to the German Federal Agency for Security in Information Technology, "Desktop firewalls, as they are also called, are practically extraneous, presuming that you adhere to the basic rules of safe surfing,"
    • Keep your applications up to date. Malware takes advantage of the published flaws in a program, so patches for those flaws can keep your computer safe.
    • Buy a hardware router. They take the roll of a firewall, and render software that plays the role of a firewall useless.
    • Don't open E-mail attachments from people you don't know.
    Source: Mail&Guardian

zekrahminator, May 17, 2019
Thema:

personal firewall lacks xml product code

1. personal firewall lacks xml product code - Similar Threads - personal firewall lacks

2. Personalization Without Product Key!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Personalization Without Product Key!!!!: Hi so a few days ago i upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit i was using 32 bit for a while and while i was using 32 bit of windows 10 i could not Personalize My laptop but when i upgraded to 64 bit .... i could Personalize everything! like everything! is this a new feature in...
  3. lack of microsoft code of ethics

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lack of microsoft code of ethics: Who is it possible to get rid of the MS add driven piece of **** called BING How is it possible to get local control of my computer settings without contacting MS-works as well as US Post Office next day delivery-We guarantee it will arrive tomorrow, or not. If not there...
  4. Product Code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Code: How do I find my product code for my Windows PC on Windows 10? I need it for the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-code/2e7da973-4d44-484a-b44a-e2ff87bab135
  5. Product Code

Product Code: We recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 with Windows 10 already installed. However when trying to activate Windows 10, the directions keeps asking for the Activation Code. Where is the Activation Code located? Angela...
  6. Product code

Product code: Hello, i recently downgraded my laptop to windows 7 but drivers were not available so i redownloaded windows 10 using my homemade windows usb stick i made from my other pc. It asked me for my microsoft account and automatically used my digital licence i have on my other pc....
  7. xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    xml: what is xml and how can I modify it. My windows media player was working alright then it stopped. When I did troubleshooting, I was told a software has changed the XML to SXL. Any help?...
  8. virus delete and firewall protect this personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus delete and firewall protect this personal computer: Stop viruses, spyware, ransomware & other malware Block unsafe links, downloads, & email attachments Scan for PC performance problems Get real time-security updates...
  9. MP4 file opens on personal laptop as XML Document file

in Windows 10 Support
    MP4 file opens on personal laptop as XML Document file: I downloaded an MP4 video file on my work laptop (Windows 7) and was able to open and watch it on Windows Media Player. I copied the file onto an external memory drive to watch the video at home but when I open the drive on my personal laptop (Windows 10) the file changes...
  10. Export-Startlayout cmdlet lacks [-As BIN|XML] parameter on my system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Export-Startlayout cmdlet lacks [-As BIN|XML] parameter on my system: Hi! I'm trying to export start menu to bin file but Export-StartLayout -Path "C:\Marketing.bin" -As BIN says: Code: Export-StartLayout : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'As'.AT line:1 char:45 + Export-StartLayout -Path "C:\Marketing.BIN" -As BIN +...