Windows 10: Personal laptop, no work/school account, but get "Some settings are managed by your...

Discus and support Personal laptop, no work/school account, but get "Some settings are managed by your... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chrisWithoutAnH [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chrisWithoutAnH, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Personal laptop, no work/school account, but get "Some settings are managed by your...

/u/chrisWithoutAnH, Feb 20, 2021
  2. gcrowe404 Win User

Does school have authority over personal laptop because of Office?

I have a personal Microsoft account and a school account, the school account has full access to office 365, and my teachers have said that we are allowed to download office apps at home and use our school accounts to gain full access, however, after downloading office and logging in with my school account, when I go to Windows Update, it says at the top "*Some settings are managed by your organisation.". When I click on "View configured update policies" it then shows two policies about "Active hours" "Source: Administrator". I own this laptop personally and therefore my school should have no authority or management of it. Can the school manage my laptop or know what I am doing/ see what I have stored on my laptop in any way?

gcrowe404, Feb 20, 2021
  3. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Personal laptop, no work/school account, but get "Some settings are managed by your...

Connect to work or school

My school provides an Office 365 subscription and I use my account on Office apps instead of my personal Microsoft account. If I add this school account to my personal Windows 10 Mobile device (Settings>Accounts>Access work or school), does it mean that
    my school's device management rules will apply instead of my personal settings? My device is not owned by the school and I don't know what are the settings they are using on devices.

Omer Faruk Bingol, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Personal laptop, no work/school account, but get "Some settings are managed by your...

1. Personal laptop, no work/school account, but get "Some settings are managed by your... - Similar Threads - Personal laptop school

2. Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I have a fairly new HP Envy that came with Windows 11. A while ago, I kept seeing the following message"For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"It was odd my wasn't an actual issue for me.I have just upgraded...
  3. Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I have a fairly new HP Envy that came with Windows 11. A while ago, I kept seeing the following message"For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator"It was odd my wasn't an actual issue for me.I have just upgraded...
  4. some setting are managed by your organization on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    some setting are managed by your organization on my personal computer: could i ask why do i have every one of these policies and could i get help to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-setting-are-managed-by-your-organization-on/165101fa-ba4a-4e5b-b8ad-6b9a9e53397e
  5. remove Some settings are managed by your organization from a personal computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove Some settings are managed by your organization from a personal computer: I am an individual with a personal computer purchased by myself. I have the message Some settings are managed by your organization when I try to automate updates. This computer was purchased new by myself personally. It has never been part of any organization. I have been...
  6. No Administration (Personal Laptop) - Some Settings Managed by Administrator Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Administration (Personal Laptop) - Some Settings Managed by Administrator Problem: Hey, everyone, I'm really sorry to bother you all again - but, on my new HP Spectre x360 (my personal laptop) I have my own account set up and no administrator account which is managed by anyone else. It looks to me that settings is showing some settings being managed by an...
  7. "Some settings are managed by your organization" on my personal PC

"Some settings are managed by your organization" on my personal PC: Does anyone know how to remove these policies set on my device? It's a personal PC that I use at home and I don't know why or how they're there. Thank you [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Account: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?: [ATTACH] This is my personal PC and account and I'm not part of any organization. Can someone please tell me how to fix this, because I literally can't change a single setting!...
  9. Some settings are managed by your organisation - but this is a personal Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some settings are managed by your organisation - but this is a personal Laptop: Bought a new Surface 2 laptop. Personal use only - not attached to any domain etc. Home use. After running a number of MS updates I am now getting a message saying some updates are manages by your organisation. I have searched and can not find a resolution to this. Any...
  10. "Some settings are managed by your organization" notification on a personal PC

"Some settings are managed by your organization" notification on a personal PC: I am getting a notification "Some settings are managed by your organization" notification on my PC. I am the administrator of this PC, which is my Personal machine. I was using this machine for my official use for some time when I was working for my old company. How do I...