Windows 10: Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer

Discus and support Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have two , separate, work Microsoft 365 accounts. I have a personal OneDrive account under my "hotmail" account. I keep work and personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CliveRLong, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer

Hi

I have two , separate, work Microsoft 365 accounts. I have a personal OneDrive account under my "hotmail" account. I keep work and personal related files separate on the different OneDrives.

I used to be able to see and access all three OneDrives through Windows 10 explorer

I noticed that the Microsoft 365/ work OneDrives are still visible but personal OneDrive folder has disappeared from Windows Explorer

I can logon to all OneDrive environments through the web interface so my personal microsoft account still exists. However, Explorer access to files and folders is far, far easier than the web interface.

I have read some web postings to "fix " this for example

1. Run the OneDrive application - this just opens one of the work MSoft365 folders - not my personal folder

2. Right click on a OneDrive folder and "add account" in OD properties - this only allows MSoft365 account to be added - not personal accounts

So how do I make Personal oneDrive visible again as a folder in Explorer so I can drag and drop files as if it was a local folder?

Thanks

:)

CliveRLong, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer

1. Personal OneDrive folder disappeared from Windows 10 Explorer - Similar Threads - Personal OneDrive folder

2. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer: I have a OneDrive Personal Account. This used to be listed in the list of files and folders in File Explorer. It still is on my HP desktop running W11, but has disappeared from my W10 HP laptop. I've tried the 'Restore your OneDrive' instructions, but they don't seem to...
  3. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer: I have a OneDrive Personal Account. This used to be listed in the list of files and folders in File Explorer. It still is on my HP desktop running W11, but has disappeared from my W10 HP laptop. I've tried the 'Restore your OneDrive' instructions, but they don't seem to...
  4. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive folder icon is now dark blue and it disappeared from the File Explorer

Onedrive folder icon is now dark blue and it disappeared from the File Explorer: I was messing with the onedrive folder trying to make the little icons near files and folders of my desktop disappear and I ended up deleting the Onedrive folder. The folder still appars in my user folder but it's dark blue and it doesn't appear on the side of the File...
  6. Access OneDrive Personal Vault from Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Access OneDrive Personal Vault from Windows Explorer on Windows 10: Hello, Is there a way to access OneDrive's personal vault directly from Windows 10's file explorer on a Surface Pro 6? When I am in the main folder of OneDrive, I see a link to my personal vault, but when I click on it nothing happens....
  7. Personal files disappeared from Windows.old folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal files disappeared from Windows.old folder: About 5 days ago, I reinstalled Windows 10 to correct a recurring error. The reinstall worked fine, and I noted that a folder of personal files (.docs, .bmps, etc) was in a newly created Windows.old folder. I viewed the files yesterday, but today they've disappeared. They...
  8. Critical Folder Disappeared from OneDrive

Critical Folder Disappeared from OneDrive: I was opening my EmEdit files today, and found that - to my horror - my key folder, the one in which I keep all client notes - has disappeared. It's not on the desktop. Not in the recycle bin. A search on the OneDrive site shows nothing. Now, happily, I backup everything via...
  9. OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10: Hey all, Preface: I had Windows 8.1 and I never used SkyDrive or, later, OneDrive, but since it's so inbred with Windows 10, I wanted to at least check it out. Especially after all of Microsoft's hype and the $16 Billion they poured into cloud research. I also have a...
  10. Personal Folder disappeared in desktop (NOT subfolders) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Personal Folder disappeared in desktop (NOT subfolders) in Windows 10: This morning my personal folder (my 'Eric' folder...my name is Eric...clever, no?) disappeared from my desktop. I've searched online all morning and all the advice's imparted are instructions to restore the SUBfolders to their default location (e.g.,documents, pictures,...