Windows 10: Personal settings won’t load

Discus and support Personal settings won’t load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 and last week my laptop stopped loading my personal settings. I can login, but then I am taken to a black screen. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Soccrgump, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Soccrgump Win User

Personal settings won’t load

Hello, I have Windows 10 and last week my laptop stopped loading my personal settings. I can login, but then I am taken to a black screen. I cannot access task manager. I’ve followed these steps:

Power on and off your computer three times
    On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment
    Click Advanced Options
    Click Troubleshoot
    Click Advanced Options

Click Startup Settings
    Click Restart
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode
    Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop
    Press Windows key + X
    Click Device Manager
    Expand Display adapters
    Right click the current display adapter
    Click Properties
    Click Driver tab
    Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not
    Right click the current display adapter
    Click Uninstall
    Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”
    Exit Device Manager
    Restart

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates
    Download and install any pending updates
    Restart your computer

I get to the “Windows key + X” step, but nothing happens. The blue loading circle just remains. Please can anyone help? This is my only computer for working from home. Thank you.

:)

Soccrgump, Mar 23, 2020

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 23, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Personal settings won’t load

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Personal settings won’t load

1. Personal settings won’t load - Similar Threads - Personal settings won’t

2. Windows won’t load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t load: I recently got a pc from cyberpower and was thinking of selling my gpu to upgrade it. I got curious about the other parts so i removed the AIO from the cpu and and took out a ram stick. I messed up when putting the ram back in by putting it in sideways and it didn’t go into...
  3. Personalized Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  4. Desktop won’t load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop won’t load: So I boot up my laptop and the boot screen says C: drive is being repaired. After logging in my desktop won’t load and the taskbar keeps flickering while the rest of the screen is black. Is this an issue with Win10 or a virus? Thanks submitted by /u/kakkarot_73 [link]...
  5. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  6. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...
  7. Games won’t load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games won’t load: Everytime i try to start up a game it says “The code execution cannot proceed because X3DAudio1_7.dll was not found.” Also “XAPOFX1_5.dll was not found.” How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-wont-load/89a66893-6f99-4684-acaf-e405f49fb37c
  8. Loading Personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading Personal files: Following the last two rounds of Updates, Windows 10 loads up and I can sign in to my Microsoft account Ok but I get a message up saying my personal settings could not be accessed and I have been signed in with a temporary account. I am told to sign out and restart. I have...
  9. Windows won’t load

Windows won’t load: Hi laptop worked fine yesterday, shut down properly. Gone to load now and just leaves me with a blue screen- no logon option. Will load on safe mode only help please...
  10. Game Won’t Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Won’t Load: I’m trying to play the Windows 95 Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game on my Windows 10 computer, but the game will not start. I can successfully get the game to install, but not load; so it cannot be a problem with the disc. The little circle thing shows up for a few seconds...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system mechanic upgrade issues