Windows 10: Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level

Discus and support Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have researched, and applied all known literature as to having folders disaply an image preview of the images within the folder below, but I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Geoff Piper, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level

I have researched, and applied all known literature as to having folders disaply an image preview of the images within the folder below, but I cannot figure out how to get folders within my Personal Vault to show preview of an image-- how is this done? Please help! :

:)

Geoff Piper, Dec 7, 2022

2. Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Hey guys,

For those of you who have set up your Personal Vault in OneDrive, does the "Personal Vault" folder show up in Windows File Explorer under the OneDrive folder? It doesn't for me, which seems strange. The features of the Personal Vault seems to work fine,
    e.g. by going through the OneDrive icon in the System Tray I can unlock the Vault and access the contents of the Vault, and I can add/remove files from the Vault, etc. But the Personal Vault folder itself just doesn't show up in Window's File Explorer. (NOTE:
    There is a hidden folder shortcut under the OneDrive folder called "Personal Vault" but it's labeled as a system folder and it doesn't have the standard Personal Vault icon but rather the generic folder shortcut icon. (And it doesn't show a target folder when
    I check the shortcut's properties.) Double clicking the shortcut does take me to the Vault but oddly it *still* doesn't show up in the folder list in Windows File Explorer, even after it's unlocked and open.

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this or have any idea how to fix it? FYI I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1909 (build 18363.815) with OneDrive Version 2020 (build 10.232.1124.0012). Thanks in advance for the help!

ReadyOrNot, Dec 7, 2022
  3. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I was able to get rid of the Red X on my OneDrive icon and the error message saying that the Personal Vault could not be synchronized by doing the following:

1. Access the personal vault OnLine via the the View OnLine option from the desktop icon in the task bar.
    2. Open the vault via the Web Browser and select all the files and folders in the vault.
    3. Count all the files and folders presently in the Personal Vault.
    4. Move all the files and folders out of the Personal Vault to another folder in your OneDrive.
    5. Refresh and verify the Personal Vault is empty.
    6. Verify all your important files have been successfully moved by verifying the folder and file count.
    7. Disable the Personal Vault online via the Web browser.
    8. Select the Personal Vault and attempt to delete it. A message "Cant delete Personal Vault' appears.
    9. Click on 'Go to settings'.
    10. Select the options to Disable the Personal Vault <Select Disable>. and "Disable" when asked are you sure. [NOTE: when you do this, any contents in the vault are irretrievably lost. So make sure it is empty first.]
    11. Wait 30-60 seconds for your OneDrive desktop to synch.
    12. Go back to the browser and select Enable on the Persona Vault window if it is still opened.
    13. If you closed the window, select Settings in the upper right of online OneDrive (to the left of the question mark), select options, select Personal Vault from the left side menu, then select Enable.
    14. A pop-up stating, "Your Personal Vault is back". Select 'got it'.
    15. Click on OneDrive in the upper left corner of the browser screen.
    16. Find your Personal Vault in your file/folder list.
    17. Open it (you will have to authenticate to open).
    18. Inspect the vault. It should be empty. In some cases there will be old "uncached" files that appears. It was the failed synching that caused the Red X. Reestablishing the Personal Vault allows the synch to proceed. Be careful as these files might not
      contain the most contemporaneous data.
    19. You should now be able to use the Personal Vault as before without the Red X. You can move the files you moved out of the Personal Vault back into the Personal Vault - - begin careful to decide which version to keep of any duplicate files.

SteveGhera, Dec 7, 2022
  4. StPeteFL Win User

Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level

Personal Vault has disappeared from OneDrive October 2020

This morning, Oct 23, 2020, started Windows 10 Pro, logged in via Hello, accessed OneDrive, double clicked on 'Personal Vault', used Micorsoft Authenticator, to confirm access, and Personal Vault window opened. Don't usually need that specific Window open,
    so closed 'X' it.

Some 15- 30 min later needed access to a different folder on OneDrive, opened OneDrive and noticed the Personal Vault folder was missing or not showing in the top list of folders where it usually is. Then to check if Personal Vault had closed, I right clicked
    on Excel to access a 'pinned' file that is stored in the Personal Vault. That file opened with no issues. So Personal Vault was still open.

Completed some work, rechecked for the Personal Vault folder on OneDrive using Windows Explorer and it was still not showing at the top level directory on OneDrive. Decided to save and close all work and reboot. Upon reboot Personal Vault is NOT showing
    on OneDrive!! And cannot access files stored there - error 'Item selected is unavailable'

Please help immediately - this NOT good.

StPeteFL, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level

1. Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level - Similar Threads - Personal Vault Files

2. Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level: I have researched, and applied all known literature as to having folders disaply an image preview of the images within the folder below, but I cannot figure out how to get folders within my Personal Vault to show preview of an image-- how is this done? Please help! :...
  3. Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Vault Files not displaying iamge preview at the folder level: I have researched, and applied all known literature as to having folders disaply an image preview of the images within the folder below, but I cannot figure out how to get folders within my Personal Vault to show preview of an image-- how is this done? Please help! :...
  4. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  5. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  6. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal Vault: Hello I created my personal vault not realizing how much of a pain in the neck it would be, how do i undo that without losing all my data. I see my onedrive PV in a separate folder can I just delete that without losing everything that was put into it. Thanks hoejef...
  8. Personal Vault

Personal Vault: Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-vault/3cb2d537-9780-4375-aa23-70be9768e568"
  9. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault: I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images. [img] [img] I did in fact close onedrive and reopened. Gort 141314
  10. Personal Vault

Personal Vault: I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you want to close your...