Windows 10: Personal Vault - verification email address

Discus and support Personal Vault - verification email address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, How do I change the verification email address when accessing my Personal Vault please? At the moment I have the option to have a security code... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndyLowe, Jul 9, 2020.

1. AndyLowe Win User

Personal Vault - verification email address

Hi,

How do I change the verification email address when accessing my Personal Vault please?

At the moment I have the option to have a security code sent to either my mobile phone number or an old, now obsolete email address? This email address is not the normal one associated with my Microsoft 365 account. Any security codes or notifications sent to my old email address would not be received as the address no longer exists.

How can I update my details to my existing email address?

Many thanks.

:)

AndyLowe, Jul 9, 2020
  2. comnuts Win User

Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

Two-step verification is required to gain access to Personal Vault.

On OneDrive Mobile App, you will be able to setup Personal Vault PIN to gain access to Personal Vault.

On Desktop or Browser, the verification is by Text, Email or Microsoft Authenticator App depending on the two-step verification method you have configured for your Microsoft Account.

I would sugggest setting up Microsoft Authenticator App so you can unlock your Personal Vault with lesser steps while on Desktop or Browser - Unlock Personal Vault > Send Notification > Approve on Microsoft Authenticator App. If you would like to update your
    Two-step verification method, please refer to this article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/12408

If you like to know more about Personal Vault, please refer to this article:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/protec...

Please let me know if I can help you further!

comnuts, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Mike_884 Win User
    How to change verification method for Personal Vault? (If at all possible)

On

Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault

I read

"

We guide you through setting up your Personal Vault with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email
    or SMS.

"

Vainly tried to find out more details about PIN-verification. How does it work?

Right now, I have to use a code sent to my secondary email address. As said, I don't know how it works, but would it be possible to change the verification method to PIN ? IF...IF ... that is easier, i.e. less fuss.

Note that my PC is -not- locked in any way: I have disabled that, which is being a different story.

Thanks.

Mike_884, Jul 9, 2020
  4. MelW1 Win User

How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup

I just set up Personal Vault in One Drive. I did not see an option to use a pin. I currently enter my email address and receive a code to access. How can I change my verification method from email code to pin?

MelW1, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Personal Vault - verification email address - Similar Threads - Personal Vault verification

2. Verification options for OneDrive Personal Vault on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verification options for OneDrive Personal Vault on Windows 10: Hi.I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 running Windows 10. I would like to use my fingerprint via Windows Hello, password or pin to unlock the Personal Vault on OneDrive.My issue:On Windows 10, I am only presented with the option to unlock the Personal Vault by way of SMS...
  3. Microsoft Verification email address.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Verification email address.: I have a security problem with my microsoft account.Microsoft continues to offer an old email address of mine for verification even though I have removed that email address.It seems like a security glitch on microsoft accounts.My current email is *** Email address is removed...
  4. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal Vault: Hello I created my personal vault not realizing how much of a pain in the neck it would be, how do i undo that without losing all my data. I see my onedrive PV in a separate folder can I just delete that without losing everything that was put into it. Thanks hoejef...
  5. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault: Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-vault/3cb2d537-9780-4375-aa23-70be9768e568"
  6. How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup: I just set up Personal Vault in One Drive. I did not see an option to use a pin. I currently enter my email address and receive a code to access. How can I change my verification method from email code to pin?...
  7. Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?

Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?: Currently I am using a code sent to me by mail to unlock the Personal Vault. In fact, I need to unlock it twice. 1st: r-click on OneDrive icon in the taskbar and select Unlock Personal Vault code is being sent 2nd: r-click on OneDrive icon in the taskbar, select view...
  8. How to change verification method for Personal Vault? If at all possible

How to change verification method for Personal Vault? If at all possible: On Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault I read " We guide you through setting up your Personal Vault with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email or SMS. "...
  9. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault: I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images. [img] [img] I did in fact close onedrive and reopened. Gort 141314
  10. Personal Vault

Personal Vault: I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you want to close your...