Windows 10: Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015

Discus and support Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On a desktop PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 with all updates, personal vault works for a few days then I get this error. This has happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by memine42, Dec 12, 2019.

1. memine42 Win User

Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015

On a desktop PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 with all updates, personal vault works for a few days then I get this error. This has happened previously and is now happening again with a new motherboard/CPU. I can access my vault on my laptop (same version of windows 10) and my android phone without a problem. I can also access my vault on the onedrive website without issue.I have tried de-activating the personal vault and re-activating from the website but the problem always returns.

:)

memine42, Dec 12, 2019

2. Personal Vault Will Not Unlock

I received the following error: "Something went wrong with your Personal Vault" and goes on to say "Your personal vault is locked. To access your personal vault please unlock it again." The related code is 0x80316003. I recently installed the Windows 10
    home build 1903 a few days ago and enabled the personal vault feature the same day.

Note, I can access Personal Vault via the browser interface but NOT via file explorer.

Mudcatgrant309, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Can't unlock personal vault

I have two PC, one desktop and one laptop both logged in with the same Microsoft account. I've installed Personal Vault on one of the machines (the laptop) but not without difficulty as the install package, that stated it was installing OneDrive for the
    first time (when it's been in use for some time) and failed though it hadn't. The Desktop is a different matter. This consistently brings up a dialog box stating "We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again." and the error
    code 0x80070015. It then leaves a shortcut in Onedrive that, if clicked, just goes through the above loop. The installation sends me an Approve sign-in request to Authenticator, but it's always the same ID number

I've run SFC /scannow and DISM checkhealth and restorehealth neither of which makes any difference.

Any suggestions as to how to get this working?

R

Rob Phillips-Legge, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015

OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I recently enabled the Personal Vault function in OneDrive (Office365 + 1TB subscription).

The vault functions correctly via browser and on my iPhone/iPad.

However, it doesn't work on my Windows10. I get two warning windows saying:

"Something went wrong with your Personal Vault.

Your Personal Vault is locked. To access your Personal Vault, please unlock it again.

[Unlock] [Close]"

And:

"We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault.

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error Code: 0x80004005.

[OK]"

To save you time, yes I have all updates installed, rebooted my PC twice, logged out of OneDrive then logged back in.

Efthymis Takos, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015

1. Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015 - Similar Threads - Personal vault couldn't

2. Can't unlock personal vault 0x80070015

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't unlock personal vault 0x80070015: Many old threads about this, as best as I could find all are locked with limited solutions. Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10 Pro, attempting to unlock personal vault results in an error [ATTACH] I have tried removing Personal Vault completely and disabling it via the web...
  3. error code 0xc03a001a personal vault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc03a001a personal vault: Hi, I am able to unlock vault form online but not from window explorer. I confirm my number and email but nothing work. I got error error code 0xc03a001a .Is there any way to unlock it?? :...
  4. Personal Vault

Personal Vault: Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-vault/3cb2d537-9780-4375-aa23-70be9768e568"
  5. Unlock my personal vault

Unlock my personal vault: Hi, I am not able to unlock my personal vault. Error message is 0x8031b002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-my-personal-vault/60950d41-7256-4ca3-a34d-9d5837463ec5"
  6. Personal Vault Will Not Unlock

Personal Vault Will Not Unlock: I received the following error: "Something went wrong with your Personal Vault" and goes on to say "Your personal vault is locked. To access your personal vault please unlock it again." The related code is 0x80316003. I recently installed the Windows 10 home build 1903 a few...
  7. We couldn’t unlock your Personal vault, Error Code 0x80004005

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t unlock your Personal vault, Error Code 0x80004005: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Following the general availability of OneDrive Personal Vault, some users are faced with the error 0x80004005 when they try to unlock Personal Vault from a Windows 10 PC. In this TWC post, we will provide two possible solutions that can [...] This post We...
  8. Cannot unlock Personal Vault

Cannot unlock Personal Vault: I recently re-installed my Surface book with a clean Windows 10. I enabled the Personal Vault in OneDrive. At about the same time, I changed the name of my computer so the vault name does not reflect the computer name. Now I cannot unlock my personal vault. I have attached...
  9. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault: I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images. [img] [img] I did in fact close onedrive and reopened. Gort 141314
  10. Can't unlock personal vault

Can't unlock personal vault: I have two PC, one desktop and one laptop both logged in with the same Microsoft account. I've installed Personal Vault on one of the machines (the laptop) but not without difficulty as the install package, that stated it was installing OneDrive for the first time (when it's...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant unlock onedrive personal vault

2. onedrive personal vault error code 0x80070015

3. we couldnt unlock your personal vault

4. we couldnt unlock your personal vault error code 0x70015,
  5. one drive personal voult error code 0x80070015,
  6. we couldnt unlock your personal vault error 8004dbf4,
  7. windows 10 personal vault backup key,
  8. 0x80070079 personal vault,
  9. onedrive error code 0x80070015,
  10. onedrive error code 0x8031b003,
  11. something went wrong with your personal vault - your personal vault is locked. to access personal vault unlock it again,
  12. onedrive vault is locked,
  13. one drive personal vault error,
  14. we couldnt unlock you personal vault error code 0x8031b003,
  15. one drive what does it mean by my vault being up to date