Windows 10: Personal Vault

Discus and support Personal Vault in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CliffordBrass, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Personal Vault

I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you want to close your vault. Is there a way to close it before you are prompted? When I'm logged into and working from onedrive.com I do have the option to close at any time.

Another issue is that when you sign into your computer and open the file folder you see all files recently accessed. Your files "locked" in the vault are here also so what is the purpose of the vault?

:)

CliffordBrass, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing OneDrive Personal Vault and additional storage options

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ional-storage/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 15, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how do i remove id vault

Does ID Vault appear in the list of programs on your Start Menu, if it does, right click it, choose 'Uninstall' from there

DaveM121, Sep 15, 2019
  4. comm162 Win User

Personal Vault

Vault

Does defender have a vault like Norton and I don't mean manager

comm162, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Personal Vault

1. Personal Vault - Similar Threads - Personal Vault

2. Always Keep on this device Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always Keep on this device Personal Vault: ...When in the Personal Vault - I noticed folders when right clicked do not show 'Always Keep on this Device', only files show this.Given any pictures stored in the Personal Vault aren't able to show a preiview even if you reset syncing etc - I can ONLY assume Personal Vault...
  3. Always Keep on this device Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always Keep on this device Personal Vault: ...When in the Personal Vault - I noticed folders when right clicked do not show 'Always Keep on this Device', only files show this.Given any pictures stored in the Personal Vault aren't able to show a preiview even if you reset syncing etc - I can ONLY assume Personal Vault...
  4. When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?: I have a dell Inspiron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-reset-my-windows-laptop-will-i-lose-any/3be79b2f-8bd4-4fa7-9849-c505c8127636
  5. When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?

When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?: I have a dell Inspiron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-reset-my-windows-laptop-will-i-lose-any/3be79b2f-8bd4-4fa7-9849-c505c8127636
  6. How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?: In the Search box in windows Explorer, I've tried entering:simply the textthe text in quotescontent:"sample text"contentt: "sample text"I know I have a file with the text string I'm entering, but I'm still coming up empty! Please help!...
  7. How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?

How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?: In the Search box in windows Explorer, I've tried entering:simply the textthe text in quotescontent:"sample text"contentt: "sample text"I know I have a file with the text string I'm entering, but I'm still coming up empty! Please help!...
  8. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?: Sirs, Some years ago I noticed that the name of folder Personal Vault in OneDrive both on my desktop PC then Win10Pro, US-eng and a laptop Win10home; US-eng was in cyrillic letters; the properties said the folder’s location is “the Internet”. When I could not remove that...
  9. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?: Sirs, Some years ago I noticed that the name of folder Personal Vault in OneDrive both on my desktop PC then Win10Pro, US-eng and a laptop Win10home; US-eng was in cyrillic letters; the properties said the folder’s location is “the Internet”. When I could not remove that...
  10. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive vault error code 0x80070057

2. multiple personal vault sub-folders?

3. personal vault does not open

4. what is my personal vault?