Windows 10: Personal Vault

Discus and support Personal Vault in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hewjr100, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Personal Vault

I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images.

Personal Vault [​IMG]

Personal Vault [​IMG]

I did in fact close onedrive and reopened.

Gort

:)

Hewjr100, Sep 27, 2019

2. Personal Vault

I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you
    want to close your vault. Is there a way to close it before you are prompted? When I'm logged into and working from onedrive.com I do have the option to close at any time.

Another issue is that when you sign into your computer and open the file folder you see all files recently accessed. Your files "locked" in the vault are here also so what is the purpose of the vault?

CliffordBrass, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Can't unlock personal vault

I have two PC, one desktop and one laptop both logged in with the same Microsoft account. I've installed Personal Vault on one of the machines (the laptop) but not without difficulty as the install package, that stated it was installing OneDrive for the
    first time (when it's been in use for some time) and failed though it hadn't. The Desktop is a different matter. This consistently brings up a dialog box stating "We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again." and the error
    code 0x80070015. It then leaves a shortcut in Onedrive that, if clicked, just goes through the above loop. The installation sends me an Approve sign-in request to Authenticator, but it's always the same ID number

I've run SFC /scannow and DISM checkhealth and restorehealth neither of which makes any difference.

Any suggestions as to how to get this working?

R

Rob Phillips-Legge, Sep 27, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Personal Vault

neilpzz, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Personal Vault

1. Personal Vault - Similar Threads - Personal Vault

2. When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?: I have a dell Inspiron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-reset-my-windows-laptop-will-i-lose-any/3be79b2f-8bd4-4fa7-9849-c505c8127636
  3. When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I reset my windows laptop, will I lose any data in one drive or my personal vault?: I have a dell Inspiron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-reset-my-windows-laptop-will-i-lose-any/3be79b2f-8bd4-4fa7-9849-c505c8127636
  4. How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?: In the Search box in windows Explorer, I've tried entering:simply the textthe text in quotescontent:"sample text"contentt: "sample text"I know I have a file with the text string I'm entering, but I'm still coming up empty! Please help!...
  5. How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?

How do I search text in files in my Personal Vault in Windows Explorer?: In the Search box in windows Explorer, I've tried entering:simply the textthe text in quotescontent:"sample text"contentt: "sample text"I know I have a file with the text string I'm entering, but I'm still coming up empty! Please help!...
  6. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?: Sirs, Some years ago I noticed that the name of folder Personal Vault in OneDrive both on my desktop PC then Win10Pro, US-eng and a laptop Win10home; US-eng was in cyrillic letters; the properties said the folder’s location is “the Internet”. When I could not remove that...
  7. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?: Sirs, Some years ago I noticed that the name of folder Personal Vault in OneDrive both on my desktop PC then Win10Pro, US-eng and a laptop Win10home; US-eng was in cyrillic letters; the properties said the folder’s location is “the Internet”. When I could not remove that...
  8. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

9. OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name: There is an issue syncing a file from the OneDrive folder itself, and OneDrive is complaining about Personal Vault. When you try to rename your Personal Vault via OneDrive, you receive a message that “the renaming occurred with errors,” but the Personal Vault location does...
  10. OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name: There is an issue syncing a file from the OneDrive folder itself, and OneDrive is complaining about Personal Vault. When you try to rename your Personal Vault via OneDrive, you receive a message that “the renaming occurred with errors,” but the Personal Vault location does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why have i got two personal vaults in windows 10

2. Cant log in personal vault

3. how to change the open time on my personal vault

4. can I just delete that personal vault the same as a normal file,
  5. how do i sighn into personal vault,
  6. can you set onedrive personal vault to longer than 20 minute lock time