Windows 10: Personal video folders

Discus and support Personal video folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All! Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I recently combined all my home movie files into one folder on a network attached drive. I can browse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CThomas335, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Personal video folders

Hello All!

Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I recently combined all my home movie files into one folder on a network attached drive. I can browse and play all of the videos from file explorer "mapped drive M:". I decided to add the folder to the new Movies and TV app, but the folder appears empty while logged into my Microsoft account. If I click "sign out" in the top corner, the folder suddenly populates all 53 videos. Sign back in and the folder instantly says "0 files" again. Am I missing something stupid? I'm not getting errors, the app just won't recognize my video files in the folder while signed in.

Thanks for reading!

:)

CThomas335, Sep 29, 2020

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Personal video folders

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Personal video folders :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Personal video folders

1. Personal video folders - Similar Threads - Personal video folders

2. the person on video cant hear me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the person on video cant hear me: have video chat but the person on the other end cant hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-person-on-video-cant-hear-me/44b0ece1-fce7-4aed-9141-baabb1b19fe0
  3. the person on video cant hear me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the person on video cant hear me: have video chat but the person on the other end cant hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-person-on-video-cant-hear-me/44b0ece1-fce7-4aed-9141-baabb1b19fe0
  4. Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Folder: Is the Personal Folder set up only for the email setting or can I use this folder system for any other folders on my desktop?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-folder/6ef2e31e-fb7b-47c5-a773-a0ce6d00bd4c
  5. Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Folder: Is the Personal Folder set up only for the email setting or can I use this folder system for any other folders on my desktop?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-folder/6ef2e31e-fb7b-47c5-a773-a0ce6d00bd4c
  6. personalizing folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalizing folders: windows 10 version 1909. In earlier versions of Windows (please don't ask which ones, I don't remember), it was possible to change the file explorer background to an image, either from your computer or from a website. Windows 10 offers plain black or plain white. Any ideas...
  7. Playback of imported personal videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playback of imported personal videos: For some reason, a couple of my personal imported videos are playing as 'landscape' when they were filmed as 'portrait'! How do I change them to 'portrait'?...
  8. Corrupt Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt Personal Folder: Greetings, Some strange things have been occurring in my personal folder: -files have begun to show up, ntuser.dat, pacekeychain (I have an iLok account). I should point out that I have my folder properties set to show hidden files and folders. But why are theses files in...
  9. Photos and short personal videos are blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos and short personal videos are blocked: Suddenly I’ve had an issue with my photos that are blocked and I cannot save my short videos in my file. Please help me to resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-and-short-personal-videos-are-blocked/07b37344-32fb-4dce-97aa-51289d31abad
  10. help with blocked personal photos and short personal videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help with blocked personal photos and short personal videos: 01/06/19 I am just an old lady who sends pictures back and forth to friends and relatives of my children and grandchildren. Now all of a sudden my photos are blocked and my short videos can no longer be "saved to" in my file. I'm not even sure what's going on there--to...