Windows 10: Personal.xls opens in it own window

Discus and support Personal.xls opens in it own window in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This has just started after years of function correctly. It was probably caused by me messing around where I shouldn't hav. Whenever I open a Excel... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Feb 23, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Personal.xls opens in it own window

This has just started after years of function correctly. It was probably caused by me messing around where I shouldn't hav.

Whenever I open a Excel file under Office 365 Win 10, My personal.xlsb file opens first and is always visible under the workbook. When I close the workbook the Personal.xlsb is still open and I have to close it too

Can someone please help me rid myself of thes annoyance?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

You are supposed to double click on the entry for .xls in control Panel > Set Associations and in the window that opens choose "More Apps" then in the file explorer window that opens up browse to the Excel executable and select it.

Personal.xls opens in it own window [​IMG]

Personal.xls opens in it own window [​IMG]

See: Cant find Office applications in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7? - Office Support

So launch Excel and leave it running. Start Task Manager [Ctrl+Shift+Esc]

In task manager processes tab scroll to excel.exe and right click on it. Choose "open file location" from the list and in the window that opens locate excel.exe and note the folder path. Use that path to browse to the executable in the step above that mentions browsing to the executable.

Callender, Feb 23, 2019
  3. How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

Thanks for the info but unfortunately when I double click NOTHING happens *Sad

dshields13, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Personal.xls opens in it own window - Similar Threads - Personal xls opens

2. OEM Windows for my own personal build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Windows for my own personal build: Hey there, I am just wondering if I can get some clarity regarding buying OEM Windows for use with a system I am building for my own use. The license seems to suggest I have to use the system builder tools to install it, and that it can only be sold to a customer. Is there...
  3. xls files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xls files: Good Day I am working from home so I transferred all documenttion from my Work Computer to a Usb but when I try to open it shows as a xls file and not exe. I eventually got it open from my Computer but when I email the documents they can't open it Please assist urgently...
  4. Can't open XLS file which i was able to previously open

Can't open XLS file which i was able to previously open: I have a file saved in OneDrive that i access both in my laptop and in my phone. I was working on that file last night and now i cannot open it on my phone. Says "can't open file may be locked, in use or no sufficient permission". I already rebooted both my devices, resaved...
  5. I cannot open my .xls files

I cannot open my .xls files: I cannot open my .xls files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-xls-files/dcc00f41-ed9b-41d4-9481-5625455d5c7a"
  6. Personalization settings reset on their own?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization settings reset on their own?: Am I the only one who has experienced this? I keep my laptop up to date and I haven't had any viruses, nor have I installed any third-party software. What gives? It's pretty easy for me to put my settings back to what they were, but it does get annoying....
  7. Windows 10 XLS

Windows 10 XLS: Hi there, I've migrated to Windows 10. Now, I want to pin my favorite XLS files to the XLS button pinned on the task bar. Before, this was possible to click right and pin. I dont see this option anymore. Best,...
  8. recover xls data

recover xls data: is there any way to extract cell content from a corrupted excel file, formulas can always be reentered but if there is a way of getting text and results in cells that would be great...
  9. Personalization not opening.

Personalization not opening.: Hi, i'm facing this unusual issue in my windows 10 laptop from a month. The problem is that i can't able to access the personalization section ! . Ya simple as it is but not. Other than this i can open remaining settings like update,display settings etc. whenever i tired to...
  10. XLS Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XLS Converter: We have migrated to Office 365. One problem is that the online office will not open .xls files. Many of our vendors still use it. I need a way to convert them to .xlsx so O365 can open them. We don't want to use an online service because we are worried about data mining...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does personal.xls have to open in a separate window in office 2016