Windows 10: Personalisation etc

Discus and support Personalisation etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Folks I have spent a few hours over the last couple of days with Microsoft Chat but the problem still exists. The Microsoft person took control of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David A Watson, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Personalisation etc

Folks

I have spent a few hours over the last couple of days with Microsoft Chat but the problem still exists. The Microsoft person took control of my screen etc. and after trying different things like repairing some corrupt files that were found to system restore to reinstalling Windows 10. My PC has also be reset which left me work to restore the apps that were lost.

My problem is that I cannot personalise the display colours for the start screen and taskbar. I can choose a colour and it shows up in the small template above the colour selection but when I come out and restart the new chosen colours are not there. When I am in the screen for these personalise settings there is a box under that states - 'Start, taskbar and Action Centre' but it is not highlighted and I cannot tick it This may be the problem. Can anyone provide me with some options that may address this problem? Regards

:)

David A Watson, Apr 1, 2021

2. Personalise TaskBar like this [picture]

Hey there, I watched on of your videos and I'd like to know how do you pesonalise the taskbar like that. I mean, I want the pinned icons to be shown like a grid and not in a list format.

Any help?

Personalisation etc [​IMG]

kind regards

veranceftw, Apr 1, 2021
  3. thomcats Win User
    Cannot use Settings->Personalisation to change Lock Screen settings

Hello,
    Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or change. Any help for this? Perhaps there is a registry change I could apply? I would be happy for any suggestion.

I've attached an image. My language is Swedish, but I guess that you will recognise the part of the Settings->Personalisation, which is shown.

Thanks in advance
    *Think

thomcats, Apr 1, 2021
  4. ekendraed Win User

Personalisation etc

Default PERSONALISATION settings

Problem was resolved. I reverted to the default settings.

Control Panel > Appearances and Personalisation > Personalisation > Default Theme

ekendraed, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Personalisation etc

1. Personalisation etc - Similar Threads - Personalisation etc

2. How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...: I have been using the Text Input Panel of Windows 7 to input Chinese handwriting for many years. I am going to buy a new Windows 11 PC. I know that Windows 11 has a similar but actually different handwriting input panel. I do not want to re-train the Windows 11 handwriting...
  3. How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...: I have been using the Text Input Panel of Windows 7 to input Chinese handwriting for many years. I am going to buy a new Windows 11 PC. I know that Windows 11 has a similar but actually different handwriting input panel. I do not want to re-train the Windows 11 handwriting...
  4. "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" on personalisation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" on personalisation...: I've gone through a lot of answers about this, but none have worked.I signed into my work account on my personal computer some time ago and didn't realise that it would take control of my computer's settings.I've removed organisation etc however the message "Some of these...
  5. "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" on personalisation...

"Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" on personalisation...: I've gone through a lot of answers about this, but none have worked.I signed into my work account on my personal computer some time ago and didn't realise that it would take control of my computer's settings.I've removed organisation etc however the message "Some of these...
  6. "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" on personalisation...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Personalisation setting are not working in settings also with reliability performance error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personalisation setting are not working in settings also with reliability performance error...: Am getting update error message: There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  8. Personalisation setting are not working in settings also with reliability performance error...

Personalisation setting are not working in settings also with reliability performance error...: Am getting update error message: There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  9. Personalisation setting are not working in settings also with reliability performance error...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1