Windows 10: Personalised Settings after Windows Update?

Discus and support Personalised Settings after Windows Update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 v1607 on both of my PCs. I noticed after the last two cumulative updates that I get a grey box in the top lhs when logging into each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Personalised Settings after Windows Update?

I have Windows 10 v1607 on both of my PCs. I noticed after the last two cumulative updates that I get a grey box in the top lhs when logging into each account after the update saying "Setting up personalised settings for windows desktop update". This grey box appears against a black background for about 30s then then normal desktop loads and all is OK. Why has this behaviour started in recent updates?

:)

Steve C, Aug 9, 2017
  2. thebigj30 Win User

Personalised Settings

When I set a specific Album Folder as my Background Slideshow, it defaults to the Pictures Folder - How can I fix this. It worked when I first installed Windows 10 ?

thebigj30, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Windows background folder keeps resetting to "pictures" instead of the folder I selected for the slideshow

Hi,

I have just started suffering from this problem - possibly since the last updates.

After doing some testing, it appears to occur as soon as you leave the Personalisation Settings screen.

If I take the following steps it appears to stay correct until I go to the Personalisation Settings screen again.

1) Set up the theme as you want it in the Settings -> Personalisation - Themes -> Themes settings

2) Close the Settings window

3) Right click on the start button and select Control Panel

4) In the control panel, go to Appearance and Personalisation and select Change the theme.

5) Select your required theme.

For me, it seems to work as I want it until I go to the Windows Settings -> Personalisation screen. The first time you go there it is set up correctly but on the second time it has reverted.

Hope it works for you.

Brian

Little Pale Face, Aug 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't see that (same build- see my specs) and don't recall seeing such a report. Are you aware of this being a general problem?

dalchina, Aug 9, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    My desktop and laptops both show this behaviour on all accounts. I do use Classic Shell but the behaviour only began two updates ago.

Steve C, Aug 9, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 9, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Install the Creator`s Update, then see if it still happens.

AddRAM, Aug 9, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Yes it does. I have Creators Update and I have seen the same 'Personalised settings' box after each of the last three or so cumulative updates. 1703, 15063.540. You see it for each user account the first time you log in after an update.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Personalised Settings after Windows Update? - Similar Threads - Personalised Settings Update

2. Personalised settings changing randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalised settings changing randomly: Hi,As per other users out there in the community I have my Personalised settings are changing from what I had set.In specific I have changed the background image to a slide show and setup a folder with pictures. I have also set colour format to Dark.The changes are: - the...
  3. Personalisation settings not saved.

Personalisation settings not saved.: I have quite a lot of problems with my Windows 10 computer and I have tried every solution possible. First, I LOVE to personalise and change my personalisation settings a lot, like the display wallpaper, the lockscreen wallpaper, etc. But there's a hindrance. Each time I turn...
  4. Display Settings and Personalise not working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Settings and Personalise not working...: Hi Everyone, When I open any settings submenu, for example the desktop right click Personalise and Display Settings or the Clock's Date and Time Settings, the settings app quickly comes up then closes instantly. When I type ms-settings:display or ms-settings:personalise into...
  5. Personalise setting wont load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalise setting wont load.: Hi, on my computer i want to change the theme of the PC but when i go to the settings for personalising it just will not load at all and will just stay on the windows setting cog. What do i do ?...
  6. Personalised settings on a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalised settings on a black screen: So, I let my PC update overnight and when I finally come back, I see a black screen and on the top left corner, a box labeled Personalised Settings. I've googled a few fixed for this and I think the best way to fix it is with task manager. But apparently, my task manager...
  7. personalisation settings

personalisation settings: when i go to personalisation of lockscreen it shows "some settings are hidden or managed by organisation" why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-settings/ca7a99ac-fae2-4724-9e75-cf2b7ddf8886
  8. Unable to change settings on settings > personalisation > start

Unable to change settings on settings > personalisation > start: I am unable to change some settings on settings > personalisation > start such as : - Show more tiles on start - Show app list in start menu - Show the recently added apps - Show the most used apps - Use start full screen Every times I try to change the settings, they...
  9. Remove User personalisation settings on logoff

Remove User personalisation settings on logoff: I'm setting up Group Policies for to controlling Windows 10 when we roll it out. I'm currently stuck on how to remove user personalisation on logoff. For example if a user chooses a new color scheme that's OK. However when they log off that color scheme is used for the lock...
  10. Default PERSONALISATION settings

Default PERSONALISATION settings: I have messed up the Windows 10 PERSONALISATION screen. How may I REVERT to the ORIGINAL settings? 13281