Windows 10: Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot

Discus and support Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the automatic upgrade this week for Windows many of my settings were reset including the Start Menu / Task Bar. I have personalised both since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HelenStott, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot

Since the automatic upgrade this week for Windows many of my settings were reset including the Start Menu / Task Bar.

I have personalised both since the upgrade. The task bar icons stay personalised after reboot. However the Start Menu resets each time. Am I missing a step to save the changes or is there a glitch in the update?

Thanks

Helen

:)

HelenStott, Mar 3, 2019

2. MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Mar 3, 2019
  3. AB_721 Win User
    windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hello,

I have the same problem existing for more than 2 weeks ago. When trying select start menu I received message "critical mistake, start menu doesnt work. We´ll try to fix it next time you log on" and "immidetly logg off".

I tried everything, fsc scan (no corupted filles found), dism, powershell(attempt reinstall apps with offered commands), wsreset.exe, booting in safe mode (in safe mode the start menu also doesn´t work), etc.... but without succes. I log on with microsoft
    account. I had no installed new applications for a while.

Sorry for bad english...

Anton

AB_721, Mar 3, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot

1. Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot - Similar Threads - Personalising Start menu

2. Nothing is saved after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing is saved after reboot: Hello, Since a few days ago I have been experiencing a few bizarre symptoms on my Windows 10 PC. It started with a BSOD with stop code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT when I play video games. The BSOD occurs typically within 10-30min of me starting the game, and varies each time. The...
  3. Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs: Hi All, Maybe I'm wrong, but if I click "Start" and i type for example "sync", I expect it to find all programs I would see scrolling in the start menu with word "sync" in it. More precisely, when I click "start", I have a list of programs, starting from "recently added"...
  4. Start menu resets after reboot

Start menu resets after reboot: Hi I bought and received a new computer with Win 10 Family 64bits just today, and it worked fine at first, I deleted some apps, installed a couple of softwares and stuff. Then I decided to clean the start menu. I rebooted, and after the reboot, the start menu is exactly...
  5. Start menu doesn't click

Start menu doesn't click: one machine we manage doesn't open the start menu when clcked. when a local user logs on to this machine with Admin rights the Start menu does not work. Also when i remote onto the pc I can't elevate permissions or install our remote app. We can't access things like...
  6. Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.: Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu. My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or replace them with another tile / app every time i restart my computer i am greeted with the default tiles given by microsoft....
  7. Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot

Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot: Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I reboot, some of my Start menu apps tiles are resized and greyed out. Manually resizing them and repositioning them is a workaround but that shoudn't be necessary in the first place. Seems like a simple problem with a hopefully...
  8. Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.: My machine reboot last night, likely due to an update that got pushed out, and now I can no longer click on the start menu. Windows key does not pull it up either. Also, the volume button in the bottom right of the screen, I cannot click on that either. I can right click on...
  9. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  10. Start menu not working until reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working until reboot: Hello all, I occasionally (but frequently enough that it is noticeable) get an unresponsive start menu. When this happens Win+P for display switching also does not work. The start menu starts working after a reboot and only after a reboot. Obviously this gets annoying...