Windows 10: Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart

Discus and support Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Over the last few days, I've noticed than any and all personalization changes I've made in Window settings on my Windows 10 desktop PC with all current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimField, Sep 9, 2018.

1. TimField Win User

Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart

Over the last few days, I've noticed than any and all personalization changes I've made in Window settings on my Windows 10 desktop PC with all current updates are undone and lost after a shutdown or restart. Has anyone else observed this?

Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart 33805caa-3e17-43ca-a748-2ca4f4d8a5b5?upload=true.png

Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart 89a1d59b-ce24-4bf6-a967-2b147c5ce984?upload=true.png

As an example, I set my screen saver as shown below:

Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart e227f21c-5876-4a7b-b365-9551925c910d?upload=true.png

After a restart a screenshot shows:

Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart 521e4c21-9dc3-4e6a-8fc4-ae886cd6c6f1?upload=true.png

What's up with this?

:)

TimField, Sep 9, 2018
  2. little cat Win User
    little cat, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Weer Win User
    Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Weer, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Rafael Com Win User

Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart

Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Personalization changes in Windows settings are all lost after a shutdown or restart - Similar Threads - Personalization changes settings

2. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  3. Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown

Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown: Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restarts-immediately-after-shutdown/c73b6d59-c862-4fad-9afa-c0c213268b4a"
  4. Windows 10 Settings > Personalization doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings > Personalization doesn't work at all.: Hello, I am using the latest Windows 10 on my PC and I have an issue on trying to open my Personalization setting since last month to change my background, but it wouldn't let me access it. I have run a PowerShell log as an Admin by reading another thread that was having...
  5. Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart: Hi, I can't seem to find anything on the topic that I am having problems with so please bear with me. On my old machine during restarts my computer would close all apps and services that were not part of startup, an example is having chrome browser open at the time of...
  6. windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings: so, got a british buddy whose windows 10 computer has seen fit to flush ALL personalized settings..I'm talking from screensaver, to wallpaper, even his google chrome is looking factory install fresh if you catch my drift. to say he is NOT a happy camper is like saying it...
  7. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  8. Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

Computer restarts after selecting shutdown: I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop that when I hit shutdown in the start menu, it will restart instead. At the sign in screen I can press shutdown and it will work fine, but it is just annoying to have to wait and press shutdown again. Also it is a clean install of...
  9. Windows restarts after monitor-shutdown interval

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows restarts after monitor-shutdown interval: This is something relatively new. I generally have my Win10 (1709/16299.371) machine set to turn the monitor off after 20 minutes' idle time... no sleep mode, just monitor-off. But concurrent with some recent update, I often wiggle the mouse to bring the screen back up, only...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...