Windows 10: Personalization setting issue

Discus and support Personalization setting issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not able to open personalization settings from my Desktop Right click option. And if I do so, its showing error of "This file does not have app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mehul Soparia, May 28, 2020.

1. Personalization setting issue

I am not able to open personalization settings from my Desktop Right click option.

And if I do so, its showing error of "This file does not have app associated with it for performing this action ."

Kindly share resolution if any.

:)

Mehul Soparia, May 28, 2020

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 28, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 28, 2020
  4. Personalization setting issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Personalization setting issue

1. Personalization setting issue - Similar Threads - Personalization setting issue

2. Personalized Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  3. Settings Issue: Personalization "Background" Setting Does Not Take

Settings Issue: Personalization "Background" Setting Does Not Take: Greetings... One of my favorite (fun) settings in Personalization was the "Slide Show" option for Background (desktop). It used to work just fine, but suddenly it just reverted to a solid color background. When I try to restore the "Slide Show" option, the system does not...
  4. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  5. Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue: Hello everyone. I recently updated my laptop. After the update installed, I restarted the machine. First boot after the update and the issues begin. A blank Personalized Settings window appears in front of a black screen. A fee seconds later, the window goes...
  6. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...
  7. windows 10 update issue, personalized settings not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update issue, personalized settings not responding: After last night's update I cannot log in to my account. After filling my password the computer freezes with a small Personalized Settings (Not Responding) message. Task manager also does not start. Since it's a HP tablet pc I do not have a recovery disk either. Cheers...
  8. Missing Settings in Personalization

Missing Settings in Personalization: I'm trying to scroll some photos as my screen background. However, I'm missing the settings to do this in the Personalization settings in Windows 10. How do I show them? I only see Fonts and Taskbar, why? [ATTACH]...
  9. Freezing Personalization settings

Freezing Personalization settings: Is there a way to make one's screen settings the default? I want my backgrounds to 'fill' the screen but every restart and many desktop returns from games that change screen resolution revert to the default settings of 'center' which for my 'screen themes' backgrounds do not...
  10. Personalized Settings is stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Personalized Settings is stuck: I just ran Windows Update and all seemed well, I rebooted as usual but when I logged in again i just have a black screen with a small white window that says "Personalized Settings (Not Responding)". If I Ctrl+Alt+Delete I can get the Task Manager up and it says Windows...