Windows 10: Personalization Settings constantly resetting

Discus and support Personalization Settings constantly resetting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where my background personalization settings are constantly reverting to "Picture" from "Slideshow". This happens mostly when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Justin N.Bourgeois, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Personalization Settings constantly resetting

I'm having an issue where my background personalization settings are constantly reverting to "Picture" from "Slideshow". This happens mostly when I enter full-screen mode from a game, then exit the game. I can reset my personalization settings fine, but the next time I exit full-screen mode, my settings have changed back to "Picture" again.

All drivers are updated, all Windows updates are installed. No device/software conflicts anywhere. This only started within the last few days, and I made no system changes prior to this happening.

Any direction as to where I can fix this?

:)

Justin N.Bourgeois, Nov 28, 2019

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 28, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 28, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Personalization Settings constantly resetting

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Personalization Settings constantly resetting

1. Personalization Settings constantly resetting - Similar Threads - Personalization Settings constantly

2. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resetting personal settings upon restart: Recently I've been having trouble with Windows resetting my personalized settings upon restarting my PC. Things like my wallpaper and app locations stay the same but it's been disabling my ClearType and some other personalization settings like displaying thumbnails and...
  3. Factory reset kept personalization settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset kept personalization settings: Hey, I recently factory reset my windows 10 pc because i had some trouble with malware in the past and was having several problems that I couldn't find anything about since. I figured that there was some damage to my os the malware caused, and resetting was the most definite...
  4. Personalized Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  5. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS: Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously rebuild my personal desktop settings and must also re-authorize some of my software applications. I may receive updates 2 or 3...
  6. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  7. Personalization settings reset on their own?

Personalization settings reset on their own?: Am I the only one who has experienced this? I keep my laptop up to date and I haven't had any viruses, nor have I installed any third-party software. What gives? It's pretty easy for me to put my settings back to what they were, but it does get annoying....
  8. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...
  9. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

Constantly have to reset HDR Settings: Hello, I recently got an HDR-capable monitor and have noticed, that I always have to readjust the slider "Change brightness for SDR content" when rebooting my computer or logging back in after I've been logged in via Remote Desktop. It always gets reset to the very minimum,...
  10. Mouse settings constantly resetting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings constantly resetting.: Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8. Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalization always reset in windows