Windows 10: Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Discus and support Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gogopogo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. gogopogo Win User

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

I'm a tad confused. :/

I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional).

But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is listed and On; however this doesn't result in to the same Transparency of the Start, taskbar and action center screens.

Why are the Settings options different or configured and listed differently on PCs running with same version of Windows?

How many variations are there?

Where is the definitive help (when "Find a setting" shows options that are not available in reality).

Thanks

:)

gogopogo, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

• Launch the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click the Colors tab.
    • Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    • Set Transparency effects to Off.
    • Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    • Pick a color that you want.
    • Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Is it possible to change the color of the menus associated with the taskbar?

Hi Sandra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to personalize the color of the Taskbar menus on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the color context of the Task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start and navigate to Settings >
    Personalization > Colors

2. Turn off the Automatically pick an accent color from my background
    option.

3. Choose your accent color and turn on the
    Show color on Start, taskbar and action center
    and Make Start,

taskbar, and action center transparent.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

default colors

Hi Dimples,

If you want to restore the default color settings on your PC, try these steps:

• In the Search bar, type Settings, and then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Personalization, and then choose Colors.
    • Under Choose a color (Automatically pick an accent color from my background), set the toggle button to
      On.
    • Set the toggle button to Off for the following:
    • Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar
    • Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent

For additional help, here's how to restore the default theme settings in Windows 10:

• Go to Settings> Personalization > Themes >
      Theme Settings.
    • Choose any option under Windows Default Themes.

To Personalize your PC, see this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"... - Similar Threads - Personalization Settings Colors

2. Is it possible to make taskbar/startmenu/action center transparent the same way it is when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make taskbar/startmenu/action center transparent the same way it is when...: I like it how it looks when I'm updating GPU drivers, system is driver-less for a short time and the taskbar gets a nice transparent look, then it becomes matte-colored, almost non transparent when drivers are installed, is there a way to achive the same effect when drivers...
  3. Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

in Windows 10 News
    Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users have reported a weird issue after installing a new feature update for Windows 10. While trying to make changes to the Colors settings in Windows 10, the Start, taskbar, and action center options are greyed out under Show [...] This post Start,...
  4. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center: I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is ever going to be fixed. This problem was introduced in Feature update, Windows 10, Version 1903. Thanks...
  5. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  6. Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors)

Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors): In the Personalization/Colors (Show accent color on the following surfaces) I can not select Start, taskbar, and action center only Title bars is available. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thank you...
  7. Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent.."

Windows 10 - 1803 & 1903 missing "make start menu, taskbar, and action center transparent..": Okay this is super annoying.. I've searched every single post and gotten literally no where... First tried the registry tweaks yet they already existed on both machines, aka; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced DWORD32...
  8. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  9. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  10. Taskbar action center settings

Taskbar action center settings: how can I display action center icons side by side not under each other. II have to unlock taskbar, increase size then adjust volume / see battery charge etc. I want the icons side by side again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalization settings

2. personalization colors

3. Settings-Personalization-Colors

4. Settings > Personalization > Colors,
  5. Porson lization setting,
  6. windows 10 taskbar transparency greyed out,
  7. windows 10 personalizatin colors transparency,
  8. start settings personalization colors,
  9. personalisation settings,
  10. make your start taskbar and action center transparent setting,
  11. Why is the Start taskbar and action center inactive under Colors in the Personalization section?,
  12. show accent color on the taskbar grey out,
  13. cannot select taskbar option in personalization/color,
  14. how to get custom start taskbar and action center,
  15. On the colors setting menu under Show accent color on the following surfaces the option for Start taskbar and action center is grayed out and inactive.