Windows 10: Personalize desktop background help? Making a slideshow from specific files?

Discus and support Personalize desktop background help? Making a slideshow from specific files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since Win7 is EOL, I reluctantly migrated to 10 a month ago. I remember there being more features in the "Personalize" desktop right-click menu. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chimpaznee, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Personalize desktop background help? Making a slideshow from specific files?

Since Win7 is EOL, I reluctantly migrated to 10 a month ago. I remember there being more features in the "Personalize" desktop right-click menu. For example, you could select exactly which images you want for your slideshow, and in Win 10 I can only choose the folder. Is there any way to get that feature to work on Win 10?

submitted by /u/chimpaznee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chimpaznee, Feb 2, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Personalize desktop background help? Making a slideshow from specific files?

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Personalize desktop background help? Making a slideshow from specific files?

1. Personalize desktop background help? Making a slideshow from specific files? - Similar Threads - Personalize desktop background

2. The "Personalization/Background/Slideshow" option is not permanent. Why not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Personalization/Background/Slideshow" option is not permanent. Why not?: Changing the "Personalize" option seen when right-clicking on the desktop will allow me to change the desktop background from a default "Picture" to a "Slideshow". I have done this, as seen below. Yet each time I reboot, this setting reverts to "Picture" and then must be...
  3. Personalize Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize Desktop Background: I keep picking a folder for a slideshow and it keeps changing back to the dafault folder. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-desktop-background/9c48be3f-abc4-4c7a-8e72-9361a20a2311
  4. Desktop Background Personalization

Desktop Background Personalization: On Windows 10 I cannot get my chosen personal photo to display the way I want it to, despite the fact that I've succeeded before using a photo I got online: I want it to fill the monitor screen, running underneath the desktop icons, which I have grouped on the far left of...
  5. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  6. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  7. Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow

Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow: Is there a way to choose multiple themes for background pictures, or add them to the pictures used for a background slideshow? I could do this in Windows 7, but now that I'm on Win10, I can only choose one (1)....
  8. Personalization - Background - Slideshow

Personalization - Background - Slideshow: The option for selecting photos for the slideshow says "Choose albums for your slideshow". I'm curious about the choice of the word "albums" instead of merely "folders". But aside from that, the BROWSE button allows one to select only ONE folder instead of multiple folders....
  9. Personalization of desktop background

Personalization of desktop background: I just got a new pc running Win 10. I am very much into personalization - I want to feel that this computer is MINE. I put up a background picture last week, chose a custom color as my background color and let Win 10 choose an accent color. When I went to change to a...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683