Windows 10: Personalize the theme

Discus and support Personalize the theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbirHasan5010, May 11, 2019.

1. Personalize the theme

Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme.

So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it.

Can anyone help me with that?

:)

AbirHasan5010, May 11, 2019

2. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, May 11, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 11, 2019
  4. Personalize the theme

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Personalize the theme

1. Personalize the theme - Similar Threads - Personalize theme

2. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  3. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  4. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?

Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?: I've preformed a Factory Reset+Clean Drive+Fresh Windows 11 Installation. Yet every time I setup my laptop, whether it be LOCAL NOT signing into Microsoft Account or actually signing into Microsoft Account All syncing settings disabled. My Keyboard still remains untouched,...
  6. Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?: I've preformed a Factory Reset+Clean Drive+Fresh Windows 11 Installation. Yet every time I setup my laptop, whether it be LOCAL NOT signing into Microsoft Account or actually signing into Microsoft Account All syncing settings disabled. My Keyboard still remains untouched,...
  7. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme Missing from Personalization: I understand that Settings > Personalization > Colors should reveal a "Choose your color" but I don't have that option. Instead, I see the following:[unable to upload image]My first choice is to "Automatically pick an accent color from my background. I recently installed...
  8. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Theme Missing from Personalization: I understand that Settings > Personalization > Colors should reveal a "Choose your color" but I don't have that option. Instead, I see the following:[unable to upload image]My first choice is to "Automatically pick an accent color from my background. I recently installed...
  9. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

10. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalize theme