Windows 10: Personalized settings Not responding error

Discus and support Personalized settings Not responding error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have that error. The exact one described in this post Except it deleted my restore point when i tried to restore, and the updates wont revert. Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RainbowVillus, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Personalized settings Not responding error

I have that error. The exact one described in this post Except it deleted my restore point when i tried to restore, and the updates wont revert. Im stuck here. Currently gonna try to run an update from a usb through windows powershell that i got to work by disabling every service that is disabled in safe mode, but it doesnt work in safemode because for some genius reason you cant update in safe mode.

Thanks MS for actually testing the updates before releasing them and making sure they dont have any major issues! /s

submitted by /u/RainbowVillus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RainbowVillus, Apr 6, 2020
  2. ArunaT Win User

Personalized setting not responding error after installing KB3135173

Hi Amit(Kumar)

Thanks for your reply,

• Did you try any troubleshooting step before uninstalling KB3135173? Yes I did no errors.
    • Are you facing any other issues after installing KB3135173? No, the other profile works fine.
    I followed your troubleshooting steps 1-6 and Then reinstalled KB3135173 and rebooted. When I logged into the faulty profile I got the error "personalized setting
    not responding". I then pressed Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager. The Task Manage came up and after a few seconds it loaded the desktop. Now when I logout and login it
    works fine.

Thanks for your help

ArunaT, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Personalized settings Not responding error

Personal settings not responding

My personal settings are not responding

edwardandross, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Personalized settings Not responding error

1. Personalized settings Not responding error - Similar Threads - Personalized settings responding

2. Screen black with not-responding just "personalized settings" window and mouse

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen black with not-responding just "personalized settings" window and mouse: Updated my computer yesterday and now it's not letting me access my desktop. I can reach the login screen fine and proceed to log in, but once I do so the screen is entirely black aside from a "Personalized Settings" window and my mouse cursor. If I click on the window it...
  3. Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen: After kb4556799 update Windows 10 started getting black screen with "Personalized Settings Not Responding after Windows Sign In and neither Task Manager response nor can I start in Safe Mode. I deleted the "Latest Feature update" and "latest quality update" to no avail. I...
  4. Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you recently installed an update, and when you boot your computer and you see an error message – Personalized Settings (Not Responding), then some of these suggestions are sure to help you. This error can appear after installing an [...] This post...
  5. I am getting the message personal settings not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting the message personal settings not responding.: After a recent update this week we get the message personal settings not responding. I follow some of the suggestions online and many of them tell me to get to the point and open my task manager but when I get there click on task manager it will not open I just get a blank...
  6. Personalized Settings (Not Responding) after an attempted OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalized Settings (Not Responding) after an attempted OS reinstall: I have seen a number of threads about getting the Personalized Settings problem after an update, but I'm experiencing it after attempting a recovery of Windows 10 in an attempt to jump-start my Store, which was refusing to install any apps. The reinstall took over six hours...
  7. windows 10 update issue, personalized settings not responding

windows 10 update issue, personalized settings not responding: After last night's update I cannot log in to my account. After filling my password the computer freezes with a small Personalized Settings (Not Responding) message. Task manager also does not start. Since it's a HP tablet pc I do not have a recovery disk either. Cheers...
  8. How to fix Windows 10 personalized settings not responding

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to fix Windows 10 personalized settings not responding: If after starting up Windows 10 you encounter a window saying “Personalized Settings (Not Responding)” and get stuck on a black screen, following this guide will help you fix it. You end up getting stuck on a black screen because Windows Explorer did not start properly and so...
  9. Personalized settings is not responding with Windows 10 update after restart.

Personalized settings is not responding with Windows 10 update after restart.: When I update Windows 10 I get an error telling me personalized settings is not responding after restart. I get a warning box in upper left hand area of screen. Otherwise the screen is frozen and black. I can ctl-alt-del and work from the task manager. I have seen various...
  10. personalized settings not responding after every windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    personalized settings not responding after every windows update: Every time there is a windows 10 update and the computer restarts after the update, I can reach the login screen and log in but then I get a black screen with a white box indicating personalized settings not responding. I have done a ctrl alt del to get to task manager and...