Windows 10: Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open)

Discus and support Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've seen a lot of posts saying that the black screen and personalized settings being unresponsive is normal after a windows update. But no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ioxior, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Ioxior Win User

Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open)

Hello,

I've seen a lot of posts saying that the black screen and personalized settings being unresponsive is normal after a windows update. But no matter what I do nothing is working. I can do CTRL + ALT + DEL, and I can see all my options there, but when I click on Task Manager I get thrown back into the black screen.

Things I have done:

1.) I have restarted my computer

- Nothing has changed, I get the same outcome every time I restart my computer.

2.) I have looked at this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sponding/5a229ed9-11f8-4fbd-804a-44d90d59fc53

- I can't do Run sfc.exe tool because I can't open up the window's search bar. I can't open up task manager, I literally can't do anything.

- Going into the control panels, etc, isn't an option because I can't access anything.

3.) I have also looked at this link: https://win10faq.com/how-to-fix-windows-10-personalized-settings-not-responding/#prettyPhoto

- Restarting my computer does nothing

- Can't restart Window's Explorer because I can't see task manager

- Can't repair files using SFC, because I can't access anything

:)

Ioxior, Sep 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 settings, and task manager wont open.

My Command (admin) will not open. Command will not open, task manager will not open. All since upgrade to creator edition yesterday.

Since I CANNOT get to Command prompt (admin) none of the above solution will work, obviously.

what next? format c:\*.*?????

There is a solution out there somewhere, right????

LionelBooth, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Bevang Win User
    windows 10 task bar fully unresponsive

Your suggestion is OK but in my case Task Manager won't open. As soon as you click on Task Manager all options disappear and the desktop screen re-appears. Can't do anything!

Bevang, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open)

Open Task Manager in Windows 10

In tablet mode, long pressing the windows icon in the task bar will pop up (at release) a menu like that in step 4 above. There the Task Manager is available.

None of the above described ways to open the Task Manager seem to work in tablet mode. Does anyone know? I cannot for my life figure it out, either I'm plain stupid or MS is playing tricks on us...
    Thanks.

OppfinnarJocke, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open)

1. Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open) - Similar Threads - Personalized Settings Unresponsive

2. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  3. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  4. PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond.: Hi, my PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond. It got better for 2 weeks after the last update, but it is back again. I often have to restart my PC with the manual button in desperation after 15 min of waiting. After viewing...
  5. PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond.: Hi, my PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond. It got better for 2 weeks after the last update, but it is back again. I often have to restart my PC with the manual button in desperation after 15 min of waiting. After viewing...
  6. PC becomes unresponsive at set times in the morning - even the Task Manager won't respond.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Personal Computer & Task manager

Personal Computer & Task manager: I see a lot of apps running in the background every 5 minute. it also happens when i restart my pc. what is causing this to happen? I'm 10 years old, I don't want to lose my only computer i have...
  8. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...
  9. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open: Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the...
  10. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

Task Manager and File Explorer won't open: The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen personalized settings task manager wont

2. black screen personalized settings no task manager