Windows 10: Personsonalizing Desktop

Discus and support Personsonalizing Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have placed some images in my Wallpaper folder that I no longer want. How do I delete them? 124491 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Personsonalizing Desktop

I have placed some images in my Wallpaper folder that I no longer want. How do I delete them?

:)

huffman, Jan 1, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 1, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Personsonalizing Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Personsonalizing Desktop

1. Personsonalizing Desktop - Similar Threads - Personsonalizing Desktop

2. New HP Desktop PC: 2 Questions On, Please

in Windows 10 Support
    New HP Desktop PC: 2 Questions On, Please: Hello, Will be getting a new HP Desktop pc, running, of course, W10. Two questions, please: a. The Apple iMac we also have is set up to go to "sleep" after non-usage of about an hour. Is there also sleep mode, probably, on the HP Desktop ? And, most important question for...
  3. How to fix when there are two Downloads folders and no Desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix when there are two Downloads folders and no Desktop.: I had this recurring problem yesterday, something I resolved some three months ago (www.tenforums.com/general-support/116926-desktop-label-keep-changing-downloads.html ) I didn't want to edit the registry, so I experimented and found the following method: The two Downloads...
  4. change size of taskbar and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    change size of taskbar and desktop icons: The icons on my desktop icons suddenly got huge and all could not fit on the screen. Simultaneously, the taskbar icons got very small. I had not done anything intentionally to cause this. I tried clicking settings I got pressing the windows button (lower lft of screen). I...
  5. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html 125737
  6. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. I reset the computer yesterday, and it seemed to work fine. Today, it doesn't even want to load the desktop on startup. Run SFC and it came...
  7. Unable to access files on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access files on desktop: Hello, I have this user that all most all of his files in this one folder on his desktop are locked. Can't open word docs, pdf's or powerpoint files. I wend thru a few steps that I found on line and was able to unlock a few by taking ownership of that folder. But not...
  8. How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop?: How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop? I am using Windows 10. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-missing-shortcuts-on-my-desktop/f2c17288-86b7-4f84-93ee-4e1790557c68
  9. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html 125737
  10. Personsonalizing Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personsonalizing Desktop: I have placed some images in my Wallpaper folder that I no longer want. How do I delete them? 124491