Windows 10: Personsonalizing Desktop

Discus and support Personsonalizing Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have placed some images in my Wallpaper folder that I no longer want. How do I delete them? 124491 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Personsonalizing Desktop

I have placed some images in my Wallpaper folder that I no longer want. How do I delete them?

:)

huffman, Jan 1, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 1, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Personsonalizing Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Personsonalizing Desktop

1. Personsonalizing Desktop - Similar Threads - Personsonalizing Desktop

2. Floating Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Floating Desktop Icon: Ever since the installation of Win10 Build 18936 prerelease 190705-1333 I have an icon(This PC) on the upper left-hand corner of the desktop that moves from its spot after every reboot. I have changed the icon, move it manually and deleted and reinstalled. It is a Windows...
  3. The microsoft start button along with my other icons on the bottom of my desktop does not stay

in Windows 10 Customization
    The microsoft start button along with my other icons on the bottom of my desktop does not stay: Hi, The Microsoft start button along with my other icons on the bottom of my desktop does not stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-start-button-along-with-my-other/efd03d2b-780a-4fc6-96b9-3a440767639b
  4. Pin to desktop

Pin to desktop: hello, I'm having trouble pinning a frequent use website to the desktop, on windows 10 Microsoft edge. it comes with tree websites pin to it so i'm sure it can be done.. please help...
  5. Odd behavior for desktop taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behavior for desktop taskbar buttons: I think I posted about this before with no solution, but I discovered another element that I hope will be familiar to someone or lead to an answer. This only affects desktop taskbar buttons to file explorer folders, not buttons to programs or browsers. I will click on a...
  6. The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?: The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?The new update installed with no creation of restore point. This is bad....
  7. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  8. Too long to full scan desktop pc - 16/7/2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too long to full scan desktop pc - 16/7/2019: It now takes a very long time for the desktop pc to be scanned for virus by MS Security Essentials. Previouisly, it takes maximum of 4 hours to do full scan. Now it takes about 3 times the time, 13 hours to fully scan. I’ve not downloaded or input any new or additional...
  9. WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809: Hi folks, I need some help/guidance. I have a home network with 8 workstation/PC's and two domain controllers. All but one of the PC's are at 1903 and the DC's are Server 2012 R2. I RDP from my desk into 4 of the PC's which are headless. It has always worked...
  10. Personsonalizing Desktop

Personsonalizing Desktop: I have placed some images in my Wallpaper folder that I no longer want. How do I delete them? 124491