Windows 10: Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not?

Discus and support Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yesterday the beta build of Windows 11 came out and I had it install on my pc, and you know what the experience was fantastic but I found a thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harshvardhan Godara, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not?

So yesterday the beta build of Windows 11 came out and I had it install on my pc, and you know what the experience was fantastic but I found a thing that was poking me again and again, when I upgraded my windows the older Windows 10 files were still there consuming my precious storage so I went on finding those files and I did it here System>Storage> Cleanup recommendations but now I have a little doubt, i.e., is my Windows 11 using any resources from Windows 10 and if I delete those installation of old Windows 10 then will my pc be affected. On Windows 11 after 24hrs of use, I couldn't

:)

Harshvardhan Godara, Aug 2, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not?

1. Pervious Windows installation should be deleted or not? - Similar Threads - Pervious installation should

2. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  3. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  4. Should I delete pagefile.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I delete pagefile.sys?: I have 20 gigs stored in pagefile.sys, and I am wondering if I should delete it. My ram is currently 20 gigs and I don't know if that is good enough, that I would still need pagefile.sys....
  5. Should I delete pagefile.sys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I delete pagefile.sys?: I have 20 gigs stored in pagefile.sys, and I am wondering if I should delete it. My ram is currently 20 gigs and I don't know if that is good enough, that I would still need pagefile.sys....
  6. Should I delete these files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I delete these files?: Hello.I had deleted Browser Assistant on my PC. I was looking for files with "edge" in them and found these files near the bottom.They have Browser Assistant in their path.So it begs the question; was the whole Browser Assistand file deleted and should I delete these files?I...
  7. get back to pervious version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    get back to pervious version of windows 10: Hi, I want to ask about what can i do if i need to get back to the previous version of windows 10 ? i updated to version 2004 first ,now my version is 20h2 and i updated more than 10 days ago what should i do without losing or changes any thing ? please help me with...
  8. Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted?: Lately, I have been going through my files and apps and deleting unwanted items also known as junkware or bloatware to conserve data and increase performance. I have noticed the following programs, and I wonder if it is a good idea to delete them. The applications are:...
  9. Should I delete Avast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I delete Avast?: I have Avast Antivirus on my PC. Lately, when I got a VR system, Avast has been annoying me. Every time I try to install Rec Room for my VR, Avast blocks and deletes it. I figure a free antivirus software can’t give much protection in the first place, so I considered deleting...
  10. Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?: My question is simple and in the Title itself. It is, "Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?" 14509