Windows 10: PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

Discus and support PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Walters2010, Jun 25, 2023.

1. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

:)

Daniel Walters2010, Jun 25, 2023
  2. srfreeman Win User

Cannot delete .mkd file in prefetch

The PfPre_******.mkd files are system files used by prefetch/SuperFetch.

While SuperFetch and prefetch can be stopped/disabled, this is only recommended in some cases when a solid state drive is used.

The best general recommendation is just to leave these files and the entire prefetch folder alone.

srfreeman, Jun 25, 2023
  3. JimmyVR Win User
    Cannot delete .mkd file in prefetch

Hi Antony and thank you for the support.

If you have read my first post in this thread, you will notice that I had already performed a clean boot and a safe boot.

Nevertheless, I tried the clean boot option again.

I couldn't delete the .mkd file in prefetch.

I proceeded to stop all the services I mentioned in my first post of this thread - the services which are using this .mkd file.

After stopping them all until the last one, superfetch, I was able to delete the file. And so I did.

Then, upon starting these services, the file reappeared in prefetch.

You stated that third party software was causing this file to remain undeletable.

If this was the case, then I should have been able to delete it when I performed a clean boot.

Is it normal to have files in prefetch that cannot be deleted or modified? Or, again I ask you, is it a symptom of a hacked PC?

Thanks!

JimmyVR, Jun 25, 2023
  4. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

PfPre_405196c1.mkd file

This file is in my prefetch folder and can never be deleted. It is dated the same day I "upgraded" to windows 10 . Does anyone know what this file is and what application the .mkd file extension might be coming from ? I looked online and there is very little
    about the .mkd extension . I never had file in prefetch that could not be deleted under any circumstance. One site stated that the .MKD is from persuasive SQL. Please any information

This is not the only post about this particular file on the Microsoft support site. There are no solutions posted that I can find

NeedSome Help, Jun 25, 2023
Thema:

PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

1. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder. - Similar Threads - PfPre mkd file

2. The question of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The question of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file: The answer of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file located in the prefetch folder, is that it cannot be deleted permanently because Microsoft doesn't want it to disappear for good. It is designed to survive any attempt from Microsoft users to delete it. Which in itself says a lot of...
  3. The question of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The question of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file: The answer of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file located in the prefetch folder, is that it cannot be deleted permanently because Microsoft doesn't want it to disappear for good. It is designed to survive any attempt from Microsoft users to delete it. Which in itself says a lot of...
  4. The question of this PfPre_xxxxxxx..mkd file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...
  6. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...
  7. Prefetch files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prefetch files: Yesterday i accidently deleted prefetch files from my computer and i recovered them by restoring them from my recycle bin is that okay ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prefetch-files/7f919965-092d-47ed-951f-537c167eb1cd
  8. Prefetch folder deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prefetch folder deleted: Hey, i was watching some video about performance boost and i deleted the prefetch folder. Now for a week my laptop is starting slower than it was before. I was researching and i found out that deleting this folder causes slower startup (2 minutes or more). Is there any chance...
  9. Prefetch Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prefetch Files: My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but the fact that it ran...
  10. PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?

PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?: I can never delete this file from my Prefetch. 41817