Windows 10: PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?

Discus and support PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can never delete this file from my Prefetch. 41817 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BuzWeaver, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?

I can never delete this file from my Prefetch.

:)

BuzWeaver, Feb 23, 2016

2. PfPre_405196c1.mkd file

This file is in my prefetch folder and can never be deleted. It is dated the same day I "upgraded" to windows 10 . Does anyone know what this file is and what application the .mkd file extension might be coming from ? I looked online and there is very little
    about the .mkd extension . I never had file in prefetch that could not be deleted under any circumstance. One site stated that the .MKD is from persuasive SQL. Please any information

This is not the only post about this particular file on the Microsoft support site. There are no solutions posted that I can find

NeedSome Help, Feb 23, 2016
  3. RBMImage Win User
    What is "PfPre_b67f92d2.mkd" file?

I have the above file in my Windows Prefetch folder that is 193KB. In my research, I gather ".mkd" files are associated with a gaming programs. What application is it associated with? When I try to delete it, a window pop up and says that the file is open
    in "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" (see attached).

PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file? [​IMG]
    When
    I run a virus scan, no threat found.

I get nervous about files I can not find information about in a search. So I have the following questions, why is this located in the Windows Prefetch folder? Is it a vital and legitimate Windows file? Can I delete it? If so how?

In advance thank you for your replies and comments.

Ron

RBMImage, Feb 23, 2016
  4. PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?

You don't have to remove any file from the prefetch folder at all, set up CCleaner to do the work for you and don't go deleting files from prefetch as that can slow down app launch times rather than 'speeding up the system (A common myth).'

Shadow Delta, Feb 23, 2016
  5. BuzWeaver Win User
    Thanks, Shadow, understood. I was curious what this file was nonetheless.

BuzWeaver, Feb 23, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    It seems to be a genuine part of the prefetch subsystem. I don't know what it does either.

PS - If you boot to safe mode maybe you can flush the entire prefetch folder. I would leave it alone unless you are doing it for testing purposes.

eLPuSHeR, Feb 23, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    It is a 'Markup Language' file, it is in use as your machine is in use.

Edwin, Feb 23, 2016
  8. BuzWeaver Win User

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. I'll just leave it there.

BuzWeaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file? - Similar Threads - PfPre_1796bff2 mkd file

2. What is this file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this file?: I was looking at my folder and noticed a text file named "elevoc_dnn_kernal". Does anyone know whats this file is for? also it is located in the D:driveNotice from Japanese moderatorThis question was posted in the Japanese forum ja-jp, so I'll move it....
  3. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...
  4. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...
  5. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

6. What are these files?

What are these files?: Hello, I just wanna say, what are these media files? Can I delete them? The creation date of these files are "2022".I haven't modified them or done anything to them. They look like they're downloaded.If they are system files, I'll not delete them. If they aren't, I'll delete...
  7. What are these files?

What are these files?: I was listening to a playlist, and I wanted to add some more music. I accessed my personal account's folder the one located under "C:\Users" and I found two files with a blank name, which apparently are empty, and I can't interact with them. I can't drag them into another...
  8. What are these files?

What are these files?: What is RCappdataps1?What is $$_system32_confic_systemprofile?what is $$_syswow64_config_systemprofile?Sorry, I'm not good at tech.Thank you and have a nice week! :** moved from Virus and Malware **...
  9. what is this file ?

what is this file ?: Hello , anyone can tell me please what is this file and what his job in windows because i have deleted it by mistake the file name is opera.browser and cant open it directly so i used notepad and file path is here...
  10. What are these files?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these files?: Hi I have noticed (and been aware of these type of files for some time) which reside in C:\Users\My Name. There are 26 files which were created on 15 Nov 2015, 16,18 Dec 2015, 19,29 Jan 2016, 23,27 Feb 2016, and 3,27 March 2016. I have checked and all but 16 Dec,19,29...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PfPre.mkd

2. pfpre mkd file

3. ptpre.mkd

4. prefetch PfPre_.mkd,
  5. pfpre,
  6. what is .mkd file in window 10,
  7. cannot remove PfPre_8d4f6901.mkd,
  8. what is PfPre_ab7727c5.mkd file,
  9. culauncher.exe,
  10. what is PfPre_9f1a5fdc.mkd,
  11. pfpre_.mkd,