Windows 10: PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech

Discus and support PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A widely used method of encrypting emails has been found to suffer from a serious vulnerability, researchers say. PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) is a data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech

Read more: PGP: 'Serious' flaw found in secure email tech - BBC News

:)

Brink, May 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 and PGP

I have not got a problem with using PGP or the features provided, but a concern of authenticity. If PGP was not already installed on your machine how can you verify the signature of the downloaded PGP software considering that you cannot trust self-verifying
    software and a downloaded signature could be made to match an infiltrated version.

At some point you just have to trust a source for PGP to create your security. You cannot prove that site to be trust worthy. Then you trust that security source with all your security. Is that a good idea?

As a second issue, if you do not trust your OS provider why are you using them. A version of PGP provided by your OS provider is a version that is as trust worthy as your OS provider and one I would consider as secure or potentially more secure than my OS,
    otherwise why use PGP in the first place.

Robin Murison, May 16, 2018
  3. k_b0000 Win User
    E72 email and PGP, GPG or S/MIME

Emoze does not support PGP, GPG or S/MIME, from what i can see.

Also it looks to use a emoze gateway.

Profimail does not even mention security on their page.

What i am really looking is a way to encrypt/decrypt the message itself.

The regular nokia email client is capable of using transport security (SSL, TLS) and does not use a gateway (unless you use nokia messaging).

Any other ideas?

Perhaps there are plugins to the nokia emailclient?

k_b0000, May 16, 2018
Thema:

PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech

1. PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech - Similar Threads - PGP Serious flaw

2. This one is for the serious techs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This one is for the serious techs: Ok so here's what I did, I have an alienware aurora R7 I attempted to switch the octane drive m.2 with a 980evo 2tI had run the colone and changed the bios for the new ssd. The computer couldn't read it so I swapped back to the old and reverted all bios.Immediately after I...
  3. This one is for the serious techs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This one is for the serious techs: Ok so here's what I did, I have an alienware aurora R7 I attempted to switch the octane drive m.2 with a 980evo 2tI had run the colone and changed the bios for the new ssd. The computer couldn't read it so I swapped back to the old and reverted all bios.Immediately after I...
  4. Serious flaw in windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious flaw in windows 11 installation: So I went to windows 10 because I thought it was locking up ryzen master, it was not. I just tried to go back to windows 11, and it's stuck at let's connect to a network. How am I supposed to do that windows? You won't let me install the wifi driver ? Not allowing you to skip...
  5. Serious flaw in windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious flaw in windows 11 installation: So I went to windows 10 because I thought it was locking up ryzen master, it was not. I just tried to go back to windows 11, and it's stuck at let's connect to a network. How am I supposed to do that windows? You won't let me install the wifi driver ? Not allowing you to skip...
  6. I found a flaw in Microsoft security system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I found a flaw in Microsoft security system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itMECROHFQQ&feature=share Here is the video of how they do it,a intruder can gain access to the system using cmd code...
  7. Zoom flaw and security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom flaw and security: Using Zoom, I wanted to protect my computer and verify my local security policy; but I don't have it. Is it because I use a Home version? How can I protect my computer from the flaw they talked about from Zoom? Thank you!...
  8. Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?: [img] I'm a relative newcomer to Win 10, but it's still been 10 months since I encountered this exasperating issue, and I assume it's been present since Win 10 was launched? I can't fathom why there haven't been more complaints to get it fixed. -- Terry, East Grinstead,...
  9. Living on the “Edge”: 25 Security Flaws Found in MS Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Living on the “Edge”: 25 Security Flaws Found in MS Internet Explorer: Patch now, security experts recommend Windows users Internet Explorer is no longer the default Windows browser, and with Windows 10, Microsoft not only made this huge change to its operating system but it also took the first step towards introducing a universal browser...
  10. Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....

in Windows 10 News
    Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....: Security vulnerabilities will make the Internet of Things unusable in real life, despite all its cool new features [img] Security researchers at Kaspersky have decided to have a look at IoT-enabled devices and their lack of security measures. The results of their...