Windows 10: Phantom account help

Discus and support Phantom account help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Recently a new account has been showing up on my computer that I did not create. The account goes by the name of "Jeff". The account is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kemalwhitham, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Phantom account help

Hello,

Recently a new account has been showing up on my computer that I did not create. The account goes by the name of "Jeff". The account is not password protected and when I log into it, it goes through first time set up. I have deleted this "Jeff" account multiple times and he continues to return. The nature of his return is after shut downs, restarts or after periods of 15 minutes or more after deleting him within the same session of use. The computer I use is a custom built personal machine and I am the sole user. I have run several virus and malware scans which have turned up nothing. How do I permanently get rid of "Jeff" Phantom account help 13529abf-0377-4cef-8a1e-09a7b0d63516?upload=true.png

:)

kemalwhitham, Feb 2, 2019
  2. AndreyT Win User

Phantom User Account

What "user list" are you talking about specifically? Where exactly do you see this extra account?

There is "User Accounts" applet in Control Panel. There's "Users" list in Computer Management applet. There is user list that drops down from your name in Start Menu (if you have Fast User Switching enabled). There is user list on Welcome screen (for interactive users). There is a list of user profiles in Advanced System Settings... Etc etc etc.

Do you see that mysterious user in all of these places? Some of them? Just one of them?

Anyway, what you are seeing must be this

oymlgoleopw user account - ESET Beta Products for Home Users - ESET Security Forum
    Unknown User Account - ESET Smart Security - ESET Security Forum

The account is created by Anti Theft feature of ESET Smart Security, if you have that feature enabled.

AndreyT, Feb 2, 2019
  3. ESET wants me to open a Phantom Account. Is this safe and how will I delete this account?

Eset's Anti-Theft protection creates a Phantom Account (random-named user-account) to protect your real user accounts and help to recover your device if it ever is lost or stolen. Enabling the Phantom Account will provide a notification
    about suspicious activity on your computer to be sent to your email anytime that someone logs in to this account. The phantom account is required to fully utilize all of the Anti-Theft features.

quietman7 - MVP, Feb 2, 2019
  4. orealius Win User

Phantom account help

How to Delete Phantom User Account?

I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts
    but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder?

orealius, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Phantom account help

1. Phantom account help - Similar Threads - Phantom account help

2. Phantom account after latest update and auto sign in disabled? Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom account after latest update and auto sign in disabled? Help?: Since the latest update to my Win 11 PC i updated just barely after midnight 6-15-2023 KB5027231 and KB5027119 my PC has been forcing me to log in, even though I have all sign in requirements turned off for my PC. Additionally, it is trying to log me into an account that does...
  3. Phantom account after latest update and auto sign in disabled? Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom account after latest update and auto sign in disabled? Help?: Since the latest update to my Win 11 PC i updated just barely after midnight 6-15-2023 KB5027231 and KB5027119 my PC has been forcing me to log in, even though I have all sign in requirements turned off for my PC. Additionally, it is trying to log me into an account that does...
  4. Netplwz did not remove phantom account. Please help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Netplwz did not remove phantom account. Please help!: I had to create a phantom account when I had to reinstall windows on a new laptop, but now I can't get rid of it. I ran netplwiz as recommended by others to remove the phantom account.. It removed the account from the other user list, but every time I restart the computer the...
  5. W10 Phantom user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Phantom user account: I recently had a catastrophic failure of my SSD C drive. I'm up and running and working fine. My main user account is "Thomas Lowe" but there is another user account listed on the C drive as "tom". Now when I install software the settings are often stored in the appdata...
  6. How to delete a 'phantom' account?

How to delete a 'phantom' account?: I have just commissioned a new Windows 10 pro 64 bit machine purchased from Dell. I re-installed my data from a back up and re-installed all my apps etc... I have a Windows Email sign on as per this Forum. So my new machine had one user account namely me aka my MS Email...
  7. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

Error on Startup with Phantom User Account: Hi Community, I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue. Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log into. It fails (as it was my fathers older computer) and he has since changed his passwords and such). We removed his...
  8. How to Delete Phantom User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Delete Phantom User Account?: I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder? 112509
  9. Phantom User Account

Phantom User Account: Hello, I upgraded my ASUS QF550/Windows 8.1 to Windows 10/Threshold II after the MS invitation. I'm also using ESET Smart Security. The upgrade went smoothly and my computer is running better than ever. However, I've noticed that a mysterious phantom user account keeps...
  10. Phantom local account

Phantom local account: I'm trying to setup winows 10 media PC with just a local account an no password required during login However, whenever the "no password" option is set on netplswiz two users with the same local account show up in the startup screen. You then need to select one to get in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phantom account in windows 10