Windows 10: Phantom AntiMalware Program

Discus and support Phantom AntiMalware Program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently, my computer has had a few problems. I simply updated a program I often use, no big deal. Though, since then, I ran a scan on my PC and found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Equin0x, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Equin0x Win User

Phantom AntiMalware Program

Recently, my computer has had a few problems. I simply updated a program I often use, no big deal. Though, since then, I ran a scan on my PC and found a small Trojan virus, which was removed almost immediately.

Quick note: I do not use any antivirus or antimalware services, except the default Windows Defender from time to time, or when there's a detected threat.

Now, this is what's been happening, in order from a few days ago to now:

1. I downloaded the update for the program, though, as usual, it downloaded Google Chromium along with it, as it typically does. I uninstalled it right away.
    2. A few hours later, the Trojan virus was detected, quarantined, and removed from my PC.
    3. The next day, some random antivirus program was suddenly installed on my PC. I've uninstalled it immediately after looking up the corresponding site for it.
    4. Today (February 24, 2019), about an hour ago, I noticed that I can no longer run any scans or whatnot with Window Defender, due to "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization." My PC is not a part of any organization or network, and when I attempt to view which providers are installed, it simply says "You're using other antivirus providers," and gives me an empty list.

I'm usually an expert when it comes to computers and anything digital, but this case has stumped me. If anyone has a solution, I'd like to hear it.

:)

Equin0x, Feb 24, 2019

2. Phantom program I can't uninstall

Hello:

I have an old copy of Adobe CS 3. I installed it on my new computer and wound up with what I thought were two copies. I tried to delete the entire program but it is still listed in the Start panel. It is not listed in the control panel.

When I try to run what I thought was a duplicate program I am told there is nothing there. Yet, here it is as you can see. Notice the "(1)" beside each phantom program. I thought that meant it was a duplicate.

How do I find and remove this phantom so I can re-install it? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the registry.

Phantom AntiMalware Program [​IMG]

BluZebra2016, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Helmut Win User
    Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Feb 24, 2019
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Phantom AntiMalware Program [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Phantom AntiMalware Program - Similar Threads - Phantom AntiMalware Program

2. Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?: My Windows 11 computer an HP is only a few months old and has been working fine so far. Today when I booted it up it appears a program is trying to install or open see attached picture. The circular timer icon goes around continuously as it does when a program is opening but...
  3. Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?: My Windows 11 computer an HP is only a few months old and has been working fine so far. Today when I booted it up it appears a program is trying to install or open see attached picture. The circular timer icon goes around continuously as it does when a program is opening but...
  4. Can't uninstall "phantom" program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall "phantom" program: I had trouble with a third-party Dell program and tried to uninstall it. I had so much difficulty uninstalling it the program wasn't working, so I planned to uninstall it and reinstall it that, not knowing any better, I deleted its C: Program file. The program appears in the...
  5. Can't uninstall "phantom" program

Can't uninstall "phantom" program: I had trouble with a third-party Dell program and tried to uninstall it. I had so much difficulty uninstalling it the program wasn't working, so I planned to uninstall it and reinstall it that, not knowing any better, I deleted its C: Program file. The program appears in the...
  6. Can't uninstall "phantom" program

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there a way for antimalware services to ignore specific programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way for antimalware services to ignore specific programs: Hi!I have been trying to learn some programming c++ and as practice I wrote some code but everytime i run my .exe file Those that run for a few minutes behind the scenes Anti-malware service executable starts using high cpu ~78%-90% as reported by task manager and if I...
  8. Best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10?: Hello there guys..which is the best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-antivirus-and-antimalware-program-for-windows/8d560430-0e54-4c69-bb3f-cc9f3dc4d736
  9. Phantom program I can't uninstall

Phantom program I can't uninstall: Hello: I have an old copy of Adobe CS 3. I installed it on my new computer and wound up with what I thought were two copies. I tried to delete the entire program but it is still listed in the Start panel. It is not listed in the control panel. When I try to run what I...
  10. Phantom hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom hardware: I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. [img] I would like to know where this hardware is? 2758