Windows 10: Phantom Attachments

Discus and support Phantom Attachments in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I reply to an e-mail from someone using Windows 10 mail it sends along attachments that they can't open. I never intended to attach anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack_784, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Jack_784 Win User

Phantom Attachments

Whenever I reply to an e-mail from someone using Windows 10 mail it sends along attachments that they can't open. I never intended to attach anything to my reply. I searched on Bing for this problem. I think they're called "phantom attachments". I'm not sure. Does anybody know how to get rid of these?

:)

Jack_784, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Aug 1, 2020
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Phantom Attachments [​IMG]

4. Phantom Attachments

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Phantom Attachments

1. Phantom Attachments - Similar Threads - Phantom Attachments

2. How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...: Having an issue where, repeatedly, a text box like the type one sees when mousing over an option before clicking it will appear on my screen and remain there, even after the program it came from has been closed, even after all windows are closed, and even after restarting...
  3. How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...: Having an issue where, repeatedly, a text box like the type one sees when mousing over an option before clicking it will appear on my screen and remain there, even after the program it came from has been closed, even after all windows are closed, and even after restarting...
  4. what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...: where did BeingMatthewSpears1 come from and when because there is a subscription in an account in which i forgot the name of it but thats not it. I dont recognize that one unless i had come up with it and abandoned it long ago. what do you think i should do about the lost...
  5. what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...

what to do about a phantom account made last night and started subscription i want to...: where did BeingMatthewSpears1 come from and when because there is a subscription in an account in which i forgot the name of it but thats not it. I dont recognize that one unless i had come up with it and abandoned it long ago. what do you think i should do about the lost...
  6. Phantom CD drive stays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom CD drive stays: I have a phantom CD drive that shows up on my explorer drive list NO MATTER WHAT I have done! I edited the registry. I have used a command prompt "drivecleanup.exe" utility, and a few other items. Windows storage management does not show it, nor does a Belarc Advisor scan,...
  7. Phantom CD drive stays

Phantom CD drive stays: I have a phantom CD drive that shows up on my explorer drive list NO MATTER WHAT I have done! I edited the registry. I have used a command prompt "drivecleanup.exe" utility, and a few other items. Windows storage management does not show it, nor does a Belarc Advisor scan,...
  8. Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?

Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?: My Windows 11 computer an HP is only a few months old and has been working fine so far. Today when I booted it up it appears a program is trying to install or open see attached picture. The circular timer icon goes around continuously as it does when a program is opening but...
  9. Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom program running? Virus? Anybody recognize this screen?: My Windows 11 computer an HP is only a few months old and has been working fine so far. Today when I booted it up it appears a program is trying to install or open see attached picture. The circular timer icon goes around continuously as it does when a program is opening but...
  10. Phantom User Attached to Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom User Attached to Admin Account: Hi there.I've been ignoring my annoying phantom account for years now. Finally time to sort this out.I seem to have an account attached to my main admin account which windows defaults to when trying to sign in. I have to click on the only other account and enter my password.I...