Windows 10: Phantom Attachments

Discus and support Phantom Attachments in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I reply to an e-mail from someone using Windows 10 mail it sends along attachments that they can't open. I never intended to attach anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack_784, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Jack_784 Win User

Phantom Attachments

Whenever I reply to an e-mail from someone using Windows 10 mail it sends along attachments that they can't open. I never intended to attach anything to my reply. I searched on Bing for this problem. I think they're called "phantom attachments". I'm not sure. Does anybody know how to get rid of these?

:)

Jack_784, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Aug 1, 2020
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Phantom Attachments [​IMG]

4. Phantom Attachments

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Phantom Attachments

1. Phantom Attachments - Similar Threads - Phantom Attachments

2. can't remove second phantom user at login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't remove second phantom user at login: Hi All, I've got a problem I can't wrap my head around. I am giving my laptop to a young person and can't remove a phantom second user that popped up after I supposedly removed all of my info from Windows 10 ver. 2004. I have deleted the laptop from my microsoft account's...
  3. Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement: Before physically removing the hard drive from my laptop, I cloned it to a new SSD drive using Macrium Reflect and installed the SSD drive in the laptop. When I check my drives using Disk Management or AOMEI Partition Assistant, Disk 0 using Disk Management or Disk 1 using...
  4. regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    regarding what appears to be more than one phantom error in the eventlog with eventid 5038: Hello to all, I am just wondering about this Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error....
  5. Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating: If on my laptop keyboard I keep the W key pressed for a few seconds, then it keeps delivering a W input after I release it, sometimes for 5 seconds or so after I stopped pressing it. The longer I keep it pressed, the longer the phantom input continues for after I lift my...
  6. Phantom Input Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom Input Issue: I have a recurring issue with my Windows 10 PC and I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes there is an issue with my keyboard input. It seems that my computer will somehow think that the ctrl button is permanently pressed, based on the fact that if I press...
  7. "Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice" Game Conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice" Game Conflict: Hi! I downloaded "Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice" digitally from Her Interactive onto Windows 10 and when I tried opening the application it only blinks onto the taskbar then disappears and does not run. Once I troubleshooted the compatibility of the game, it said it was...
  8. The Phantom PC killing bug (update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Phantom PC killing bug (update: The last time I posted here it was about a mysterious Bug that'd Kill my PC every week on Thursday / Friday Night. Two weeks ago. On that week I Removed Sophos Home from my computer in order to see if it was that. It was, for the most part. The phantom Bug persist, But no...
  9. Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits: Under my Family Safety tab of Microsoft account, if I go to Apps & Game Limits subtab it shows a list of devices these limits will apply to. My child should have access to 4 devices and they are on there listed correctly. However, there are two additional device icons for a...
  10. Phantom Input Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom Input Issue: I have a recurring issue with my Windows 10 PC and I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes there is an issue with my keyboard input. It seems that my computer will somehow think that the ctrl button is permanently pressed, based on the fact that if I press...